Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is milk good or bad for muscle and bones?

and thats why you are overweight and you posted a thread wondering why you felt bloated and tired.

still don't see the connection huh?

chocolate milk??? lol seriousluy? are you like 12 years old?

Again, saying that's why he feels bloated and tired is just a huge assumption. I just drank a bunch of milk and i never feel bloated or tired. Another thing... you all keep saying milk is all fat and sugar... well excluding the 8g of protein per cup, who is gonna make the argument now that all sugar and fat in themselves are bad things? How much of that fat is saturated? How much is good fat? When is sugar beneficial to the body for restoring glycogen? If you drink it THEN then why would it be bad for you? Oh, wait, you may mention again that we cant digest any of the sugar in milk. Why? Lol, im not trying to start shit, but i think its funny how all you guys that i look up to so much for all the FACTS are just regurgitating things about milk that is completely 100% unproven and all hear-say.

Just mix water with chocolate cytosport whey protein tastes exactly like chocolate milk i use it whenever i eat cereal.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using EliteFitness

Again, saying that's why he feels bloated and tired is just a huge assumption. I just drank a bunch of milk and i never feel bloated or tired. Another thing... you all keep saying milk is all fat and sugar... well excluding the 8g of protein per cup, who is gonna make the argument now that all sugar and fat in themselves are bad things? How much of that fat is saturated? How much is good fat? When is sugar beneficial to the body for restoring glycogen? If you drink it THEN then why would it be bad for you? Oh, wait, you may mention again that we cant digest any of the sugar in milk. Why? Lol, im not trying to start shit, but i think its funny how all you guys that i look up to so much for all the FACTS are just regurgitating things about milk that is completely 100% unproven and all hear-say.

This is kind of ironic...because it comes down to if the cow is grass-fed or corn/grain-fed. If corn/grain fed then the cows are given antibiotics and hormones, the cows suffer from acid and will die prematurely if not given antibiotics and guess what, the milk and meat produced from that cow is acidic. So in turn the milk you are consuming is acidic...also guess what other crap comes from feed lots of cows fed corn and grain...e-coli...yup, another disease passed onto us. So what happens when the human body has to neutralize acid...it pulls calcium to combat it...where does the calcium come from...our bones. So Steve is right when it comes to the acid from the milk causing bloat and also the fact that milk does not help with the calcium in the bones, but rather pulls it from them to combat acid from the corn/grain fed cows...look it up, first place I heard of this was in the movie Forks Over Knives, one of many good movies to watch about our current food supply to feed the masses for the cheapest possible way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

This is kind of ironic...because it comes down to if the cow is grass-fed or corn/grain-fed. If corn/grain fed then the cows are given antibiotics and hormones, the cows suffer from acid and will die prematurely if not given antibiotics and guess what, the milk and meat produced from that cow is acidic. So in turn the milk you are consuming is acidic...also guess what other crap comes from feed lots of cows fed corn and grain...e-coli...yup, another disease passed onto us. So what happens when the human body has to neutralize acid...it pulls calcium to combat it...where does the calcium come from...our bones. So Steve is right when it comes to the acid from the milk causing bloat and also the fact that milk does not help with the calcium in the bones, but rather pulls it from them to combat acid from the corn/grain fed cows...look it up, first place I heard of this was in the movie Forks Over Knives, one of many good movies to watch about our current food supply to feed the masses for the cheapest possible way.

Got a link to support any of that?

Got a link to support any of that?

Go onto Netfix if you have it and it is either Food Inc. or Forks Over Knives that discusses this more, you can Google it bro and you will find all kinds of information about it...but you will find both sides. Do as you please and believe what you want to believe, but there is some sense to it all...bottom line, cows are not meant to eat corn or grain, they eat grass and hay. I will not eat meat from a corn fed cow if I can help it. I live in an area where I buy 1/2 a grass fed cow a year, and it is legit. Do your research if you want to know more, not doing your homework for you lol.

Do your research if you want to know more, not doing your homework for you lol.

It is not that I want you to do my homework for me. It is not out of line to ask someone who is spewing a bunch of so called scientific facts to provide support for them on an internet forum.

The whole concept of corn fed cow milk being more acidic than grass fed sounds like BS to me, and I know a bit about biochemistry. And I did Google it.

If I say anything on this board, feel free to challenge me on it. I will back up everything I say, because I don't believe shit unless its proven, and I don't say shit unless I have the evidence.

I don't think its out of line to ask for references. That's the difference between a valuable thread and a bunch of internet babble.

I will check Food Inc and Forks over Knives. But from what I have read about forks over knives, it isn't exactly unbiased science (likewise with most other diet advice books).

Conjugated linoleic acid in milk is an anti carcinogen:

Conjugated linoleic acid. A powerful anticarcinogen from animal fat sources - Lp - 2006 - Cancer - Wiley Online Library

Milk supports muscle growth:

Milk: the new sports drink? A Review

Milk improves muscle recovery:

"Supplementation, Exercise Recovery, and Performance" by Lisa Ferguson-Stegall, Erin McCleave et al.

On the downside, you can find studies linking dairy consumption to Parkinsons, disease, and prostate cancer, among other things.

Like most foods, you can make a positive or negative case, but demonizing milk seems a bit overboard to me.

every person I deal with in real life or on the board who has trouble gaining weight I tell them to drop the milk and magically they lose weight.

most of the studies out there on milk are done by the dairy industry. there are also studies that say gatorade is good for you too. and subway helped jared go from obese to just fat and now he bangs a bunch of hot chicks and its the official restaurant of 'athletes everywhere'. I have so many arguements with idiots on sports forums who eat subway and claim its good for them .. same with gatorade. its because of the advertising

Michael Jordan and many olympic athletes eat mcdonalds too, thats their secret to their success don't ya know!! lets remember these businesses and industries are billion dollar industries and they will put out whatever studies they want to prove their point and use advertising and propaganda. to add to it the corn and dairy industry in the US is a major player.. 12 states rely on those crops because of their farming industries, thats a lot of firepower to try and overcome. corn is another discussion but it should also be avoided like the plague and corn syrup is a major reason for obesity in the US.

the best study is real life studies and experience.

if you are doing well on milk, then continue on. but I will stay far away. been there and done that. I have already posted about my stomach issues growing up and the health problems i went through because I was a milkaholic. so if you want to play with fire thats your decision. I'm not demonizing milk. milk is actually a cheap way for many in rural areas of the country to use for their cereals, foods, drinks etc. without it many would not afford to eat because lets face it they never met a piece of meat or sugar they didn't like. however this isn't the Honey BOOBOO website.. this is elite fitness and here we try and teach the best ways to get nutrition hence yes I will gladly demonize something I feel should be avoided to be healthy :) same goes for corn syrup and same goes for gatorade

Assuming this is true... The milk also contains extra calcium so as not to reduce reserves from bones.

Top Bottom