Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mike Mentzer/John Little/Peter Sisco on diet

alex2678

I've read in the past from both Mike Mentzer and in those Power Factor Training articles that diet is completely worthless when trying to get bigger and stronger. They say that any calorie consumed beyond maintenence with turn to fat no matter where it's from. I remember one article saying that they all had clients who were able to double their strength and gain pounds of new muscle while consuming very little calories and almost no protein.
I don't know how this can be possible. I spent years doing a standard weight training program while eating typical high school and college food (cerial for breakfast, bagel for lunch, piece of pizza for dinner,only about 1200 calories a day!) and gained no strength or size. It was only in the last two years that I increased my calories and protein and managed to gain around 60 pounds of muscle. Has anyone had any success with what Mike Mentzer and the power factor guys have to say regarding gaining muscle while restricting calories?

Can your car function without gasoline? It's the same prinicple...........it makes no sense..........just like when you cut cals, you lose weight and strength..........add calories - gain mass and size...........2+2............

LOL. I used to be all about Mike Mentzer and Arthur Jones until my logical side stepped in. They claimed to be logical when in point of fact, they were going off theories that had not been proven.

Mentzer had interesting theories, but in the end I think he went off the deep end and training your muscles once every 3 weeks is a good way to never get anywhere.

As for diet info coming from those guys lol, they don't know what they are talking about and completely gloss over the anabolic properties of food.

Top Bottom