Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Microwave chicken?!?

blackwell33

Hey guys, I'm currently working on constructing a good diet to go along with my sf 5x5. I'm serving in Korea right now and I don't have a stove. Have any of you ever cooked fresh frozen chicken in a microwave? Is it healthy?!? Living this way makes it difficult to eat right but I'm doing my best. Any suggestions for "microwave" recipes? Thanks all..

Incase that was confusing.. I'm referring to the fresh chicken wrapped by the meat man at the meat counter in the local grocery store. I'm not referring to the frozen bags of chicken that you can get in the freezer section. Anyone have experience microwaving fresh chicken? Any ideas? Will it kill bacteria such as salmonella? Thanks again..

i microwave chicken breasts. It's not fresh, I guess, but I thaw it out then cook it. Does fine. Sure it will kill bacteria, as long as the meat it completely cooked.

Here is a link to quite a few microwave chicken recipes and others:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,microwave_chicken,FF.html

The only thing you have to watch out for when microwaving chicken (or other meats) is that the pieces of chicken are fully thawed first as it tends to cook the meat from the outside-inwards with the possibility of it still being frozen and/or uncooked in the middle.

The types of recipes you can do will also depend on the type of microwave.

KP--Fitness Basics

i would just put it on a microwavable plate and as long as ur cooking it good ull be fine. u can get some seasoning to put on it, that will make it taste a lota betta :chomp:

Thats what I've been doing. Cooking in the microwave sucks but its all I've got. Thanks for all the input guys. I'll post some more recipes if I run across any.

Yobosayo? Anunghasayo? Dude while you're in Korea find some Bulgogi, that stuff is meaty and tastes great! Try that and Kalbi! But whatever you do, don't try kimchee unless you can stand it. (Most Americans probably wouldn't) It's basically pickled cabbage that's pretty spicy.

Have fun in Korea!! It's a great place!!!

ahh! anunghaseyo!? Manna peo kippumnida!

Kim-chee Ahnyeo!

Thanks for the advice man. I love bulgogi and pretty much everything else Korean. I haven't tried Kalbi but I have tried several different types of kim-chee. I dunno if its pickled.. it tastes more rotten.. but its ok in moderation with a meal, lol. Korean dishes or awesome. Korea is a great place.. I've had a blast here so far. Very interesting culture!

Top Bottom