Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Michael Phelps eating 10 000 calories per day!!!

jgs0123

In a documentary they said he eats 10 000 calories per day - that is insane! It it is mostly junk food, and he is still in such a prime shape! How is this possible? Bodybuilders also train a hella lot, but they have to eat clean, and less - I don't understand...

that is ridiculous and should not be followed. he doesn't eat 10K calories everyday all the time year round.. but yes endurance athletes eat a lot of calories cause they burn so many. when i was an endurance runner i would eat pancakes and whole pizza's after my races just to make up the calories and i was still lean

Yes, I have also seen this figure in many places, and yes - it seems like he is eating that much, especially after looking at his pics. However, keep in mind that he is an elite athlete who busts his ass all the time, either in the pool, or in the gym, so if he is eating that much without getting fat, is because he really needs that much. Otherwise, he would either lose weight, or gain weight - but since he is in a stable form, it is what he needs.

His energy expenditure is extreme and that is why his calorie intake is so high. He swims at a extremely high intensity for 7-8 hours each day. Cardio training burns much more calories then weight training. That is why he is able to eat so much. A lot of pro bodybuilders eat 7k-8k calories in the offseason. Look at Juan Morel. He is known for having 20k calorie cheat days.

He is also a genetic freak. He is the 0.0001% of society. An average person can't follow his diet or training program and get the same results.

We are talking about someone who trains at a super high level every day in an endurance sport. I have no doubt he burns an insane amount of calories.

In a documentary they said he eats 10 000 calories per day - that is insane! It it is mostly junk food, and he is still in such a prime shape! How is this possible? Bodybuilders also train a hella lot, but they have to eat clean, and less - I don't understand...

That was like 5-6 years ago and most likely it was something that he had for one or few days, as a form of cheating.

His activity levels and training are pretty intense, but I'm almost certain he doesnt eat like that every day

Top Bottom