Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mental performance and discipline enhanced on reduced sleep and reduced calories

plornive

I can function better when I sleep roughly 7 hours per night and eat somewhat less than usual. It allows me to concentrate better and longer. Do other people agree with me? Why does this happen?

plornive said:
I can function better when I sleep roughly 7 hours per night and eat somewhat less than usual. It allows me to concentrate better and longer. Do other people agree with me? Why does this happen?

I experience the same thing with ~5 hours of sleep.

I assume it is due to slightly increased epinephrine output, or perhaps less fluctuation in blood glucose levels.

Mike Mentzer wrote about the same type of experience in 'The Heavy Duty Journal'. I think William James, early 20th century psychologist did also.

plornive said:

Same thing happens to me. Never really thought about it before. Never questioned why it happened, just assumed that my body prefers to function like that...but I sure do love to sleep!

I function best on three hours sleep! I get into the "Zone" with that amount of ZZZZZ's!

Last edited:
That's absolutely true with me. I am at peak performance after about 5 hours of sleep. After that much sleep, I am always ultra alert and focused throughout the entire day.

When I was infantry school, we'd only sleep 7 hours a week and it was hell but you get used to it to an extent. Then you walk around like a zombie, you are a awake but you are in constant state of meditation. You can't think but you can focus on the task no problem.

Top Bottom