Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

me and a friend were debating....

motar

Banned
Last night I was arguing with a friend of mine who is much better shape than I am about a few things about dieting.

He said for example if you were burning 2500 calories a day and you were consuming 2000 calories a day it wouldn't matter what p/f/c ratios you were consuming since a calorie is a calorie. I said that you would lose more weight if yout kept the carbs lower and replaced them with healthy fats because you woudln't have high insulin levels which makes you store fat.

The next argument was about fat and carbs. He said that for example if you consumed 500 calories of carbs in a meal it wouldn't store as much fat on your body as 500 calories from any fat including EFA's. He said the conversion of carbs to fat is only 30 percent. My argument was once again that higher insulin levels is what triggers your body to store fat.

And for my last question is it possible for your body to get used to a high fat/high protein /low carb diet soyou can make strength gains? My friend said that carbs were by far a better energy source than fat. I said that eating fat is what makes your body produce natural test (got that from bofybyfinaplix) and that would make significant gains.

Thanks for helping out,

Motar

He's wrong about "a calorie is a calorie". He's looking at it as if quantity is all that matters, but there is also quality. Tell him to go eat Hershey candy bars all day long with pieces of skin from a roasted chicken on the side with some McDonalds burgers. You go eat healthy, clean foods. Have him eat 2000, and you eat 2500 of healthy foods. You'll be in better shape.

As for the second question, I can only take a stab at it because I'm not as inclined with knowledge as to the scientifical standpoint for why various macronutrients do various things... or what they do, for that matter. Just point him at results of a CKD diet, how ketones spare muscle, and without those carbs you gain almost no fat. Then have him look at people who use carbs to diet down. Usually those who cut them out lose more quickly, though I believe this can be somewhat individualistic.

Yes, you can get your body used to that sort of diet. Give it about two weeks, and you will be able to make strength and size gains, so long as calories in are greater than calories out. Carbohydrates are your usual source of fuel, so for those first two weeks you'll be somewhat sluggish and have to adjust to using ketones as your main energy source. This is, of course, if you're in ketosis.

Top Bottom