x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

maintenance diets

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about maintenance diets within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: Ok i went to cyber diet and it said that in order for me to lose 1 pound a week I had to eat 3100 calories a day. Does that sound right? Im 35 220 18% 6'2. That sounds like a whole lot to me. And what happens when you eat like only 2000 a day? I do construction work also. Will not eating the 3100 calories affect weight loss? thanks

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Good Bro
    Ok i went to cyber diet and it said that in order for me to lose 1 pound a week I had to eat 3100 calories a day. Does that sound right? Im 35 220 18% 6'2. That sounds like a whole lot to me. And what happens when you eat like only 2000 a day? I do construction work also. Will not eating the 3100 calories affect weight loss? thanks

Good Bro
    That sounds about right. I'm 5'9, 180 lbs, 9% BF and my maintenance calorie level is about 3000/day, so I'd suspect you'd be higher weighing 220 and all.

If you eat too little (>500 under maintenance) you'll lose a lot of muscle along with fat - this is bad. :P Also, your body will go into "starvation mode," lowering your metabolism in an attempt to stay alive... ie, your metabolism will drop like a rock and you'll stop losing weight (which was half muscle because you're not eating enough).

Nuff said.

Good Bro
    thanks..........guess i better eat more