Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Maintaining Sub-10% Bodyfat Levels Year Round

jimwill911

I'd be interested in what others have been doing as far as diet/cardio to maintain bodyfat levels under 10% year round. I've maintained low levels for over 1 1/2 years now and was wondering if there was a better way to go about doing it. Currently I do cardio (Stairmaster/lifecycle) every morning on an empty stomach. I consume 2800 calories per day (45% protein, 40% carbs & 15% fat). I'm 5'10", 172 with bodyfat levels below 5% (hydrostatically tested twice in the last 18 mos). I'd like to hear from those who have consistently maintained their levels below 10%. It's relatively easy to get down that low but more difficult to maintain those levels year round.

I can do it naturally with no cardio. In the winter I usually eat whatever I want but I dont over do it. I just lift hard and eat. Ive never not had a 6 pack since 7th grade. Ive been away at college going out 4 nights a week drinking and eating cafeteria food and tested under 10. A lot of it is genetic

IJ26
Wish I could say the same was true for me. Genetically speaking, my body prefers to be fat so it's a lot of work for me.

Its damn hard to keep 5% year round as u are now but u can be under 10 all year if you want. When bulking just monitor your diet and when u feel u r adding too much fat drop your cals. U can maintain sub 10% and eat what u like just dont overdo it. U can go out to eat and get what u like and u can have pizza just dont have it every day only when u really want it. You could also cut down on cardio in the winter to around 20 minutes post workout if that. i usually never do cardio in the winter therefore when I begin to cut it has a much better effect on me.

jawdrop.gif

IJ26 said:
I can do it naturally with no cardio. In the winter I usually eat whatever I want but I dont over do it. I just lift hard and eat. Ive never not had a 6 pack since 7th grade. Ive been away at college going out 4 nights a week drinking and eating cafeteria food and tested under 10. A lot of it is genetic

Lucky bastard, but how tall are you and how much do you weight?

Zag-

If I knew where in NJ you live, I would find you and kill you in order to steal your fast metabolism. Then I would eat honey buns and laugh.

Even though I can usually eat whatever I want I eat clean during the summers. It is still a challenge to drop below 8% and in order to do it i have to eat clean and do cardio to get there.

Maintaining a true 5% bodyfat year round is almost impossible. That is pretty close to a contest ready bodybuilder. It's just not feasible for 99.999999% of people. Even the most peeled guys you see are about 6%.

Top Bottom