Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Macros Help !

buhagiar.j93

Hey Guys !

So we all know that;

Fats = 9 calories/Gram

Protein & Carbs = 4 Calories / Gram

We also know that while loosing weight, the most important factor to follow is overall calories and not macros. Even if you shoot your fat macro to 90G when Ideal is 50G but keep carb intake lower, if you are within the deficit calorie limit, you will still loose weight, no matter the macros.

Here Comes my question;
Can the same be applied to Clean Bulking?

Below are my current stats;

Macros;

Fats: 50G

Carbs: 200G

Protein 170G

Weight : 60.5 KG

Height: 163 CM

BodyFat: 7% (3 method formula using a caliper)

Question 1:

On certain days, i still stay within my lean bulk overall calories, but i dont hit my macros exactly, i might go low on carbs but go over on fats by 40G. Will i still be able to bulk/add muscle properly if i overshoot my fat macro or will it just be stored as fat ? (Kindly note i don';t overshoot my fat macro on the regular, maybe 2-3 times a week max)

Question 2 :

We know that the body primarily prefers carbs for fuel, and excess carbs are later stored into fat for future use. If im on maintenance mode (TDEE) If i Exceed my fat macro but not low on carbs macro, will my body use up the carbs first and then go for the fats, thus if im within my calorie limit but im over fats, my body will use excess fats as energy ?

Question 1 and 2 might seem similar but theres a slight difference which if answered might help me clear some stuff off my head.

Thanks in Advance,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yes, calories are what matters. If you are eating clean whole foods then you can certainly play with different macro ratios. Total calories are still the most important thing.

Yes, calories are what matters. If you are eating clean whole foods then you can certainly play with different macro ratios. Total calories are still the most important thing.
Hey buddy, youre very helpful, thanks once again :) also a quick question. I recebtly injured my knee ligament and not doing any cardio, i still keep a bit active (cleaning and walk around the house/donsome.bidyweight workout and go lift weights) should i decrease calories to tdee until i heal or should i remain with 200 calorie surplus and continue lifting without cardio ?

Hey buddy, youre very helpful, thanks once again :) also a quick question. I recebtly injured my knee ligament and not doing any cardio, i still keep a bit active (cleaning and walk around the house/donsome.bidyweight workout and go lift weights) should i decrease calories to tdee until i heal or should i remain with 200 calorie surplus and continue lifting without cardio ?

If you are doing less activity each day then it would probably be a good idea to slightly adjust macros. I don't think it will be a huge difference though if you are only stopping cardio.

Top Bottom