Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Macros & Calories

USman80

Hi guys, what is the best system for working out your calorie and macro intake for building muscle. I’m 6ft 3, 230lbs, my bf is around 15%. I’ve tried many different websites and macro calculators but they do vary. At the moment my protein intake is 225grms and calories are 2500 a day.

BRO SCIENCE vs. REAL SCIENCE on nutrition,
"losing or gaining weight is all about calories in and calories out, and at the end of the day if you 'hit your macros' that is all that matters." this is what most people believe. and if you don't actually lose or gain weight according to this formula it MUST BE YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT because you counted wrong. BUT is it the truth?
take 10 minutes out of your day to read the link below and look at the actual HUMAN STUDIES that weren't done by the billion dollar food companies to push an agenda. we know that you can eat the same exact foods at a certain point of the day and it can have a completely different outcome. crazy huh? not what we've been taught all our lives though.
The Women’s Health Initiative was the most ambitious, important weight loss study ever done. This enormous randomized trial involving almost 50,000 people evaluated this low-fat, low calorie approach to weight loss. Through intensive counseling, women were persuaded to reduce daily caloric intake by 342 calories and increase exercise by 10%. Calorie counters expected a weight loss of 32 pounds over a single year. This trial was expected to validate conventional nutritional advice.
But when the final results were tallied in 2006, there was only crushing disappointment. Despite good compliance, over 7 years of calorie counting led to virtually no weight loss
Not even a single pound. This study was a stunning and severe rebuke to the Caloric theory of obesity. Reducing calories did not lead to weight loss.

By declaring that their scientifically unproven caloric reduction advice was flawless, doctors and nutritionists could conveniently shift the blame from themselves to you. It wasn’t their fault. It was yours. (Does this sound familiar, happens everyday when online gurus copy/paste the same diet plans to everyone) No wonder they loved this game so much! To admit that all their precious theories of obesity were simply incorrect was too psychologically difficult. Yet evidence continued to accumulate that this new caloric restriction strategy was about as useful as comb to a bald man.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/the-calorie-debacle

So do you just know what to eat on a daily basis in order to look your best, depending on your goals?

So do you just know what to eat on a daily basis in order to look your best, depending on your goals?

honestly it is simple man. eat the way we evolved to eat

whole natural organic foods in a 2-6 hour window. do some research how people in the blue zones eat and it is NOTHING like we eat in the USA. they live to 100+, have no cancer, no obesity, no diseases and Americans are living less and less even with medical advancements and 33% of us are type 2 diabetics and 85% are metabolically sick

this is the way Tom brady, Arnold, and many others are eating today. it isn't some big finding, we've been eating like this for 2M years.

food companies WANT YOU to think that a calorie is a calorie and it is okay to eat crap as long as it fits your macros. without that they would be out of business.

my advice is what i've been telling people for years on these forums. STOP counting macros and calories like a fucking robot and start eating the way every animal on earth has eaten since this planet has been around for billions of years. the dinosaurs lived for 150M years and dominated the earth and last i checked they didn't 'count calories' its fucking retarded

So you mean eat like you’re doing the Paleo diet, or caveman diet as it’s sometimes better known. I have done that previously and lost
quite a bit of weight for my wedding.

^^^ the problem with paleo and caveman diets is they've been hijacked by the social media crowd. example: you will see a guy on instagram pushing it then showing off his burrito from chipotle. the problem with that is refined sunflower oil that they drench their food in completely ruins the meal right off the bat.

i would suggest reading my Ebook in my signature and also checking out some of Jason Fung's books on nutrition. it will completely change your outlook on dieting.

the moral of the story is I don't count macros or calories. that is a scam and the science is on my side :)

I disagree that science is on your side. Calories in and calories out does work and it is proven to work. It is proven that in order to lose weight, it ALWAYS requires a caloric deficit. What doesn’t work in the way that most people do it is the estimate of calories out. Your metabolism changes that directly effects your calories out. T3and T4 lévels effect you’re calories out. Different foods have different effects on the processes of the body.
Another example: fasted cardio on 2 iu of insulin will help you lose weight from lowering your blood sugar levels.
Taking clen raises your body temperature which increases the calories out.
Glucose and fructose provide the Sam encumber of calories but are metabolized distinctly.
The FDA itself allows for inaccuracies of 20% on label calorie counts.
There are many medical publications on this. I can provide if required.

I know my body very well, I still come up with what my calories should be. If I want to lose weight, I will go into a slight caloric deficit. I then use cardio for the inaccuracies in my maintenance calories/ exit calories. I adjust the cardio to lose at the rate that I want. I am adjusting my calories out.
I had my thyroid removed so I am starting from scratch. I am sure that my calories out have changed. That is frustrating because I had everything dialed in that I could actually gain weight and lose fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ lol how you gonna come on here and say the science isn't on my side when i posted a fucking study proving it? a worldwide study !! the largest unbiased study ever done on the matter? sorry you are WRONG. show me an actual unbiased study not done by the food companies that proves otherwise, i will love to see it.

when you reduce calories your body adjusts metabolism down too. so you might see a difference in the short term but long term you end up worse. if you can't figure out that logic then you just don't get nutrition

read the fucking study. then read it again, then read it a 3rd time. there is a reason weight watchers has a 99% failure rate. there is a reason that IIFYM does not work. and there is reason that show biggest loser the contestants end up FATTER after initial weight loss.

like my podcast co-host says this isn't the 90's where you come on forums and post stupid shit that is wrong and then get away with it. now we can post up actual studies and prove the facts. it would be like arguing that global warming is a hoax or the earth is flat. please spare me

Top Bottom