Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Macros & Calories

i'm old school. i shoot for 500 calories a meal. I eat 3 if i'm cutting. 4 if i'm at maintenance and 5 if i'm bulking. i'm 50 years old and i don't need to eat as much as i did when i was younger.

Hi guys, what is the best system for working out your calorie and macro intake for building muscle. I’m 6ft 3, 230lbs, my bf is around 15%. I’ve tried many different websites and macro calculators but they do vary. At the moment my protein intake is 225grms and calories are 2500 a day.
Jist use whatever tool you want to use ajd stick with it. Stay the course on your current target and if reassess after about 3 weeks. If you haven't lost, then subtract another 200 calories or so. Rinse and repeat. Comes down to calories in versus calories out. Burn more than you take in. Its really that simple

^^^ lol how you gonna come on here and say the science isn't on my side when i posted a fucking study proving it? a worldwide study !! the largest unbiased study ever done on the matter? sorry you are WRONG. show me an actual unbiased study not done by the food companies that proves otherwise, i will love to see it.

when you reduce calories your body adjusts metabolism down too. so you might see a difference in the short term but long term you end up worse. if you can't figure out that logic then you just don't get nutrition

read the fucking study. then read it again, then read it a 3rd time. there is a reason weight watchers has a 99% failure rate. there is a reason that IIFYM does not work. and there is reason that show biggest loser the contestants end up FATTER after initial weight loss.

like my podcast co-host says this isn't the 90's where you come on forums and post stupid shit that is wrong and then get away with it. now we can post up actual studies and prove the facts. it would be like arguing that global warming is a hoax or the earth is flat. please spare me

You posted one study that isn’t even from a medical journal from a website called the DR Diet. Try passing it as a medical study.
First off- I will try to be respectful however you did cross that line. I may be a nobody here ( no podcasts) but I do consider myself educated and do know a thing or two, but this is not about me. It is obvious that you do not like being challenged by a nobody and think that what ever you believe has to be the truth and everyone else is stupid if they disagree.
Do you realize the references to studies and the conclusion to those studies by medical professionals have nothing to do with Dr Diet’ conclusions? Did you realize that the first study was just post menopausal females? The results were tallied at the 7 year mark, however in between they did lose weight. Hmm. Maybe after 7 years in older people their metabolism changed. This is a known fact. How in the heck do you say that fits everyone (males, 20 y/o’s, etc). Oh by the way only obese people .
I am not going to go into all of the incorrect conclusions that the world renowned “Dr Diet- super internet guru” has made. Once again not even aligned with the conclusions that the Dr’s making the study came up with.
Did you ever hear of the laws of thermodynamics? It works in the body also. Yes, it is antiquated but it is still valid.
I think that you ought to read what I wrote a couple of times. I did mention the effect of hormones in the calories out. Read medical journals and legitimate studies. It is obvious that there is only one right answer and that is your point of view... everything else is stupid.

The devil is in the details.
BTW- can you provide supporting data that WW has a 99% failure rate??? Of course you can’t because it is not true. How do you define failure?
The studies were based on obese people. Dieting at that level is a change in lifestyle. You don’t change your lifestyle permanently, you go back to where you were. That is why most people fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Counting calories will just lead to the inevitable binge eating and failure. If you are trying to gain, you will likely just gain sloppy weight. It all comes down to the right food choices. If calories in vs calories out worked, you could lose weight strictly eating doughnuts and pizza. Trust me, a 500 calorie meal of chicken and broccoli will be handled much different by the body that 500 calories of doughnuts and pizza.

no its not. that study had 19 people who were obese and did not go long enough.

yes you can take a fat person and have them count calories and they will lose weight in the short term. but long term it does not work. that is the whole point of this thread

the study i posted earlier studied 5000 people over the long term.

the difference between me and other diet guru's is I want people to succeed long term permanently. other coaches just care about making their $$$ and short term results.

so again SCIENCE is on my side. :p

no its not. that study had 19 people who were obese and did not go long enough.

yes you can take a fat person and have them count calories and they will lose weight in the short term. but long term it does not work. that is the whole point of this thread

the study i posted earlier studied 5000 people over the long term.

the difference between me and other diet guru's is I want people to succeed long term permanently. other coaches just care about making their $$$ and short term results.

so again SCIENCE is on my side. :p

First off, that was just an example. That one was on the top of my head. You can find hundreds.
For your point, The science that was used in the studies (plural) did not arrive to the conclusion. Please stop saying this was a scientific study. Internet wonder “Dr Diet” took these studies and arrived at a totally different conclusion. He did not do a study, he used other studies to arrive at his unscientific conclusion- not the conclusion of the real Dr’s that conducted the studies.
A study of thousands of post menopausal females is a large leap to say that it applies to the whole population.

I agree to disagree. I will leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom