Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mac & cheese for bulking

georgie24 said:
why is everyone so anti mac and cheese? i dont understand why the bashing...do you guys have links or articles saying its just as bad as mickey d's???

wtf!
Just use common sense man.

Do a google search and find out why processed foods like M&C is crap.

georgie24 said:
why is everyone so anti mac and cheese? i dont understand why the bashing...do you guys have links or articles saying its just as bad as mickey d's???

wtf!

I'll have a mac and cheese dinner as my first post workout meal(lowfat, no butter and skim) along with a protein shake. I'll also have pancakes but I'm trying to consume 150g of carbs postworkout when bulking. An hour later I'm eating hot oat bran cereal and some blueberries with a milk isolate shake(aroung 60g carbs) to stabilize blood sugar.

I find it funny that everyone thinks this stuff is so bad for you....I have blood tests done all the time, and on top of my enormous cycles, everything always checks out fine. So I would love to see some proof from you guys that eat crap like rolled oats every day, how much healthier you are than me? And out of all those guys trashing it, how many of you have gone through a 16-20 week contest diet and gotten down to 3% bodyfat? Thats the time when I watch everything that goes into my mouth, there is no way in hell I would even attempt to eat that way year round and be miserable every day....and to what end?
I would also love to see you guys get to the size of a successful competitive bodybuilder, while eating clean like that all the time. Unless you have unreal genetics, you cant do it

Needsize, cheat a bit (one bad meal a day) is fine when bulking, and even up til probably the last 8 weeks of a contest diet for most, but white floor is still not good for you. It increases the chance of diabetes later in life, can reduce insulin senstivity over time.

While it is fine, I'm just saying that you could get better nutrition for your $ with rolled oats or barley if the issue really is price as you said. However, I suspect, it has more to do with just wanted to eat something you like. WHich is fine. I eat pizza at least twice a week right now, and seem to be getting leaner from week to week since my diet is very strict outside of my occasional cheat throughout the week.

I am simply amazed this question even has to be asked.

It's pasta made (if using label directions) with processed fake ass cheese powder, butter (fat) and milk (sugar).

Some can get away with eating it, most cannot, without adding a great deal of adipose tissue while bulking, as it's a processed carb mixed w/fats. Not the best choice at all, as carbs do not build muscle, they only assist protein in doing that job, as when you are an assistant, you only assist you are not the focus.

~SC~

JavaGuru said:
I'll have a mac and cheese dinner as my first post workout meal(lowfat, no butter and skim) along with a protein shake. I'll also have pancakes but I'm trying to consume 150g of carbs postworkout when bulking. An hour later I'm eating hot oat bran cereal and some blueberries with a milk isolate shake(aroung 60g carbs) to stabilize blood sugar.

I can see using it w/no butter and very little milk pwo w/chicken breast and such if one wants to use pasta, yes. Bulking only of course.......

~SC~

SC, you work with some big ass bodybuilders, just out of curiousity, do the guys you work with eat clean when trying to add mass? I have tried it, and there simply arent enough calories in "clean" food for me to add any weight to my frame

needsize said:
SC, you work with some big ass bodybuilders, just out of curiousity, do the guys you work with eat clean when trying to add mass? I have tried it, and there simply arent enough calories in "clean" food for me to add any weight to my frame

Yes they eat clean w/a cheat meal 1 to 2 times per week.

There are plently of Kcals in clean food. Clean food has the same macros available as does junk food. :)

~SC~

Top Bottom