Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mac & cheese for bulking

Lowest said:
What about ramen noodles then? The ones my brother and I used to get ran about 550-600 calories per package, and they cost 18 cents each. About 10g's of fat, 10g's of protein, and no sugar. Actually, I should buy that stuff again since I'm poor :) Oh and mac and cheese with some ground beef in it is one of my all-time favs!

Ramen is high in trans fats. Not a good choice.

Damn, I knew there had to be a reason I stopped eating them! I couldn't remember where the fat came from, I guess that's where. Oh well, I haven't eaten them in years, so it won't be hard to stay away :) Have any healthier choices BBF? I'm about to start bulking again and it takes a helluva lot of calories, especially to get over 200lbs.

Mavy said:
Sometimes there is just nothing better than a full box of KD, and eat it right out of the pot. I used to down a box of KD with a protein shake asap after my leg days. Like NS mentioned, its cheap and good. I wouldnt base it as one of my "core" meals, but I dont see a problem eating the stuff after workouts occasionally. While trying to bulk that is, or if you are an ecto. There is a lot of everything in it... protien carbs and fat.

whats KD? is it like a canadian thing ;)
i like velveeta :p

wnt2bBeast said:
whats KD? is it like a canadian thing ;)
i like velveeta :p

kraft dinner

I couldn't agree more about the Kraft mac 'n' cheese for bulking. Cheap and effective. I used to eat a box of mac 'n' cheese every night for dinner and I still eat it maybe once a week.

I love kraft mac 'n' cheese. The three cheese and white cheddar flavors being my 2 favs. YUM.

Wouldn't recommend it for other than bulking though cuz it will put the weight on.

Guys, let's use some common sense here, you know that some rolled oats and flax seed oil is better for your body than a box of mac and cheese.

why is everyone so anti mac and cheese? i dont understand why the bashing...do you guys have links or articles saying its just as bad as mickey d's???

wtf!

I personally could not eat perfect while bulking or even just maintaining. I have to have some tasty food and drink, especially if I'm bulking. I eat clean about 75% of the time and eat not so clean, but still healthier than fast food the other 25% of the time when maintaining. When bulking I aim to eat healthy and bad about the same, but add more bad things to healthy to add calories and carbs. Basically stuff like butter, sugar, mayo etc.

I don't think leading a healthy life style includes tasty food deprivation. I'm sorry, but oatmeal or rolled oats or whatever tastes like ass to me unless I've got it mixed with milk, some butter, and brown sugar which is exactly how I like it when bulking because then it tastes good.

Now if I'm dieting then that's a different story. Then I can be uber strict and eat just rolled oats and flax oil or whatever that is basically hella bland, but low in fat, low in simple carbs and is good for losing fat and maintaining muscle because then I know that any of the bad stuff will hurt or slow down my fat loss efforts from working optimally.

But we are talking about bulking here aren't we?

Doesn't make sense to me to eat uber strict while bulking anyway. You're gonna gain some fat regardless because you need to take in a caloric surplus. I'd rather gain a few extra fat pounds and enjoy my bulking time and ability to eat tasty food then make it struggle to see how much bland tuna, egg whites, chicken breast, brown rice and oatmeal I can consume a day. Bulking should be fun imo. Eat big, get big, eat uber strict on diet time only.

That's just my opinion.

Top Bottom