Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mac & cheese for bulking

i was running low on food the other day found a box in the back of the cupboard..so i ate it..the whole damn box...the whole box has 60g of protein..that aint too bad ;)

Sometimes there is just nothing better than a full box of KD, and eat it right out of the pot. I used to down a box of KD with a protein shake asap after my leg days. Like NS mentioned, its cheap and good. I wouldnt base it as one of my "core" meals, but I dont see a problem eating the stuff after workouts occasionally. While trying to bulk that is, or if you are an ecto. There is a lot of everything in it... protien carbs and fat.

Mavy said:
Sometimes there is just nothing better than a full box of KD, and eat it right out of the pot. I used to down a box of KD with a protein shake asap after my leg days. Like NS mentioned, its cheap and good. I wouldnt base it as one of my "core" meals, but I dont see a problem eating the stuff after workouts occasionally. While trying to bulk that is, or if you are an ecto. There is a lot of everything in it... protien carbs and fat.

good points, some people dont understand the value of cheap, in my case my cycle costs are enormous, and my wife is on maternity leave, so I cant afford to spend crazy amounts of cash to get the perfect diet. As long as something has enough protein and carbs in it, good enough for me. I dont eat as much KD as I used to, but its a great option, especially in a case like mine where I need crazy amounts of calories to gain mass

What ever works for YOUR body. We are all different. It is a trial and error process. Looks like it works for a couple of you guys!

georgie24 said:
here's the profile

carbs 48 g
fat 2.5 g
protien -10 g

total 400 calories

per serving

I like this better "straight pasta without the cheese"

carbs 52g per 40g serving
fat 0g
protein 2

I eat pasta products strictly for carbs and not for fat or protein

hammertime30 said:
I like this better "straight pasta without the cheese"

carbs 52g per 40g serving
fat 0g
protein 2

I eat pasta products strictly for carbs and not for fat or protein

I dont eat pasta for protein or fat either, but I still need those extra calories to grow

ever make mac and cheese with ham? its pretty cool

to stay on the cheap and quick side of things just get a can of ham.. its right next to the tuna and chicken in a can

just stir it in and it adds a great taste and about 60 grams of protein to the meal :)

400 cals and 48 grams of carbs for how much money though? I get rolled pearled barly for like 80 cents a lbs. Which gives me about 6 dry cups. Each containing around 150 grams of carbs and 573 calories. The glycemic index of barely is lower than any other grain, and the only foods the seem to beat it it are peanuts (due to the high fat content) and plain yogurt.

Processed foods are NOT the best buy for the $$$.

BodyByFinaplix said:
400 cals and 48 grams of carbs for how much money though? I get rolled pearled barly for like 80 cents a lbs. Which gives me about 6 dry cups. Each containing around 150 grams of carbs and 573 calories. The glycemic index of barely is lower than any other grain, and the only foods the seem to beat it it are peanuts (due to the high fat content) and plain yogurt.

Processed foods are NOT the best buy for the $$$.

under $1 a box, which gives me too large meals. And I actually like the taste of it, I couldnt eat what you listed unless it was a contest diet

What about ramen noodles then? The ones my brother and I used to get ran about 550-600 calories per package, and they cost 18 cents each. About 10g's of fat, 10g's of protein, and no sugar. Actually, I should buy that stuff again since I'm poor :) Oh and mac and cheese with some ground beef in it is one of my all-time favs!

Top Bottom