Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low Fat Cottage Cheese

IM Iron Man

Is this any good for dieters? Has alot of proetin, and doesn't taste half bad.

Per 1/2 cup

Fat: 2.5 grams
Carbs: 4
Protein: 13

It's great. Take it before bed - casein is a slow-release/digestion protein, perfect for staving off catabolism.

I wouldn't say it's great for dieting, no, as it's NO cutting food, that's for sure. There are better choices for that time in your fitness journey.

For maintenance or bulking, it's fine. But those in the know, understand that dairy is a no no when trying to get the most hard physique possible. Many will yap and say "but it's great, it's high in protein, blah blah", but until you step on stage and compete, model, etc., you'll understand why dairy is eliminated. For those very serious, it's avoided.

~SC~

O I am nt competing for contest, I dotn mind if I get a little water gain or bloat, I'm not looking for cosmetic cut. I'm just wondering if it will hinder actual FAT loss, or even stop me from losing fat. Also I heard the protein in it doesnt get absorbed and hinders you from absorbing amino's cuz it coats yoru stomach or somthing. Can anyone clear these questions up? Thanks

Yes, if ur not going to be super strict in ur food selections then yes its nice to have around and eat once in a while..

The times i ate it i would throw it in with one of my earlier in the day meals..

it's one of the things that I keep in my fridge. You will be fine for just losing some fat on it. SC is right about not getting super cut on it but you can still shed fat while eating it. Try to keep it to twice a day max. The amino's in it make it a complete protein so it can be digested all on it's own. no need to add excess carbs. Try mixing it with a low fat yogurt sometimes . I normally do that when I am craving sweets. It's almost like ice cream :)

not true for lowfat. The presence of unrefined casein, lactose, and milkfats will act as a coating in the stomach/intestines and hinder amino absorbtion...therefore leading to incomplete amino chains... = incomplete protein.

Top Bottom