Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

low carbs and gaining mass/strength

r0dx

For the past 2 months or so I've been doing 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fats. My strength, and size seems to be improving while staying very lean. Does anyone else do a low carb diet on a clean bulk?

r0dx said:
For the past 2 months or so I've been doing 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fats. My strength, and size seems to be improving while staying very lean. Does anyone else do a low carb diet on a clean bulk?

:worried:

I'm not sure if there is a concrete % for low carb but 30% doesn't seem like low carb to me.

But hey, if it's working... Keep at it.

Reactions: jpt
That is a standard 40/30/30 diet and the carbs would have to be moderate to high glycemic to be effective in fueling the body for the strength to lift the weights to put on size.

For example at 225 pounds minimum protein is 337.5 gms which is 1350 calories, then figure your carbs at roughly 300 gms that is 1200 calories and fat at 300 gms your at 2100 calories that equals 4650 in total calories.

Take in 450 gms of protein, 400 gms of fat and cargs and your at 6200 calories a day.

The diet works for putting on weight and if you calorie restrict and keep the same ratio you will lose weight, mucsle/fat together, not necessarily a good thing.

This is what I'm using now... I changed it from a low carb diet... which to me was 35% Pro/5% Carbs/60% Fat... now THAT is low carb... lol

Yes, I generally am in the range of 5-10% when cutting for carbs and they are low glycemic

Cool... so that's like 60/20/20 ish I guess... interesting... I'm thinking that if you raised your fats, and lowered the protein to 2 x BW in g, rather then 2.5... you'd likely get similar results...

Top Bottom