x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

low carbs and gaining mass/strength

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about low carbs and gaining mass/strength within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: For the past 2 months or so I've been doing 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fats. My strength, and size seems to be improving while staying very lean. Does anyone else do a low carb diet on a clean bulk?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All Natural

low carbs and gaining mass/strength

For the past 2 months or so I've been doing 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fats. My strength, and size seems to be improving while staying very lean. Does anyone else do a low carb diet on a clean bulk?

All Natural

Re: low carbs and gaining mass/strength

Quote Quote posted by r0dx
    For the past 2 months or so I've been doing 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fats. My strength, and size seems to be improving while staying very lean. Does anyone else do a low carb diet on a clean bulk?

Muscle Pimp

I'm not sure if there is a concrete % for low carb but 30% doesn't seem like low carb to me.

But hey, if it's working... Keep at it.

All Natural

Well I do about 30-35%

That is a standard 40/30/30 diet and the carbs would have to be moderate to high glycemic to be effective in fueling the body for the strength to lift the weights to put on size.

For example at 225 pounds minimum protein is 337.5 gms which is 1350 calories, then figure your carbs at roughly 300 gms that is 1200 calories and fat at 300 gms your at 2100 calories that equals 4650 in total calories.

Take in 450 gms of protein, 400 gms of fat and cargs and your at 6200 calories a day.

The diet works for putting on weight and if you calorie restrict and keep the same ratio you will lose weight, mucsle/fat together, not necessarily a good thing.

I do the same macros...
    Don't really consider it low carbs, but I am gaining muscle, and losing fat with it.. Worked for me twice.
    http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=416416

This is what I'm using now... I changed it from a low carb diet... which to me was 35% Pro/5% Carbs/60% Fat... now THAT is low carb... lol
    "Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

- Henry Rollins

Seven days of quality meals results in a quality week. Four quality weeks make a great month and twelve great months of eating well results in a great year of building quality muscle. When you miss a meal, you lose an opportunity to help your body grow muscle.

Yes, I generally am in the range of 5-10% when cutting for carbs and they are low glycemic

Elite Bodybuilder

On my last tren ace cycle my diet was 450g protein,150g carbs 50-60g fats. Great gains and bodyfat lose!

Cool... so that's like 60/20/20 ish I guess... interesting... I'm thinking that if you raised your fats, and lowered the protein to 2 x BW in g, rather then 2.5... you'd likely get similar results...
    "Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

- Henry Rollins

Seven days of quality meals results in a quality week. Four quality weeks make a great month and twelve great months of eating well results in a great year of building quality muscle. When you miss a meal, you lose an opportunity to help your body grow muscle.