Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low carbs and dizziness

Lumberg

Hey guys I have recently reduced carbs in my diet and I have had these crazy dizzy spells. I seriously feel like I am going to pass out and I get this jolt of adrenalin. Sometimes it's when I am walking around and sometimes it's at my desk, it seriously freaks me out. I am taking a B-100 complex tab everyday and I have been drinking 2 cups of coffee a day which I don't usually do. But it doesn't seem to be related to the coffee.

Is this normal? If I had to guess I would say that my blood sugar is getting low and my body is releasing adrenalin to release glycogen to increase blood sugar. It's weird, even when I am calm or try to be calm I'll still get this jolt of fear, it's like my mind is trying to stay relaxed but my body is jolting it. I also feel more "out of it" than usual.

Otherwise I feel fine, my strength hasn't suffered and my abs are showing more than ever.

So I am wondering, is this normal for low carb/keto diets?

JC

Yah, it's normal. When I get carbs below 50g I get dizzy and fatigued, sometimes headachey. Try some potassium, 400mg (especially if its hot out) - keto diets are really dehydrating, you lose a lot of salts with that water. Potassium should fix it. Keep the water intake up when you use potassium though (heck, keep it up when you lower carbs)

G

I don't see the point in reducing blood glucose this much. If you are dizzy, I think you could absorb more glucose and only benefit from it. You could either increase carbs a little or protein a lot without leaving ketosis. It takes a while for your brain to get used to being in ketosis, and even then your brain needs to get at least some of its energy from glucose.

Join the club of low carb dieting....you may be able to get in more carbs like the others mentioned. The brain needs about 50 to 100 per day.....

Ryan

SO even on a keto diet you should get at least 50 g of carbs a day? Meaning the kind of carbs you can burn, i.e. not fiber?

Does this 50g include the approximately 30 g of Dextrose I take post-WO on workout days?

I have increased carb intake just due to moving and having to eat what I have and not having had time to prepare more foods so the dizziness is gone but I do plan to go back to lower carbs again.

Also I made a point on the Crm thread that what is the poinbt of carb-ups? Why not take the amount of carbs you would eat on a typical carb-up day, divide by the number of days between carb ups, and just eat that much more carbs on each day? I think it would be more sustainable.

NYWAYZ.........please respond.

JC

One quick note:
50-60% of protein has the potential to be converted to glucose by the liver. 10% of fat. 100% of carbohydrate. Therefore, you could just eat a hell of a lot of protein and not be so dizzy.

The main point of carb ups is to refill muscle and liver glycogen stores after a long week of depletion so you have some enegry to train using the glycolytic system (most weight training).

ryan

Top Bottom