Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low Carb Diet vs. Low Calorie Diet

krayziefresh

These two diets are pretty much opposites (with the exception of high protein, of course). Anyways, is there anybody with testemonials from both diets? I am on a low carb diet right now, I dropped a substantial amount of BF in the first few weeks but it feels like I'm kinda rounding a plateau right now. It's not lack of exercise because I'm at the gym 6-7 days a week and do cardio every time

I personally like the lower cal diet, but I am on a low carb diet right now.

It's just easier and CHEAPER to eat the low cal diet. I burn fat faster on the pow carb though. If you are not watching your calories on a low carb diet though you are not going to lose any weight. I will find a link later to a CKD diet page that calculates how much p/c/f and how many cals a day you should have for optimal weight loss.

Do you do refeeds????? I think it has been explained multiple times on this board that low carb diets get your Leptin levels lower therefor slowing the fat burnng process to a halt if you do the Low carb for too long.

Do a search on Refeeds and Leptin. Par Dues has a good article/post on it and it's benefits. If I spelled his name wrong i am sorry to par

krayziefresh said:
These two diets are pretty much opposites (with the exception of high protein, of course). Anyways, is there anybody with testemonials from both diets? I am on a low carb diet right now, I dropped a substantial amount of BF in the first few weeks but it feels like I'm kinda rounding a plateau right now. It's not lack of exercise because I'm at the gym 6-7 days a week and do cardio every time

You do cardio 6-7 times a week? You could be burning muscle my friend.

And yes, do refeeds like Bobarell says. BTW, it's spelled Par Deus.

I am trying a ketogenic type approach right now. I am not sure if I'm in ketosis or not, but I take in about 10 grams of carbs per day. Would I be better off with no carb ups but taking about 50g of carbs per day? Also, any idea what kind of thing I should eat on a carb up?

krayziefresh said:
I am trying a ketogenic type approach right now. I am not sure if I'm in ketosis or not, but I take in about 10 grams of carbs per day. Would I be better off with no carb ups but taking about 50g of carbs per day? Also, any idea what kind of thing I should eat on a carb up?

How much fat are you getting a day? Right now I'm keeping my carbs around 40-60g and my fat 60-80g with my protein 200-225g. I wonder how this will work. I may switch to the 50/30/20 diet, but is that % of calories or grams? I'm 150 (M, 18, 5'9"), cutting, yes I'm light, but I have some flab I want to get rid of before summer so... Would this be a typical 50/30/20 diet for me?

Calories - 150 (BW) x 12 = 1800
Protein - 50% - 900 calories - 225g
Carbs - 30% - 540 calories - 135g
Fat - 20% - 360 calories - 40g

What does it mean when people say "I'm in ketosis." It sounds like a magical euphorical state your body gets the way people talk about it.

Ketosis is when your body is burning your fat for energy.....low carb

Krayzie.....I would go with the carb up on either diet. Your leptin levels get too low on just a low carb diet of any kind

I have actually read by some people that no matter what kinda diet you are on that you need to refeed if you are in a calorie deficit. Need to supply your body with what it needs to burn fat....energy

Top Bottom