Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low Carb Diet Suggestions. 1st recipe: no bread steak and cheese

msaffliction09

Hi everyone:)
I'm bored and lonely today. I no longer have anyone to cook for so I'm in cooking withdrawals..Everyone knows a low carb diet is the way to lean down or atleast keep good muscle and get rid of the fat faster. I've been cooking for chris for years, and I've got some good ideas that are standard menu in my house. I'll start posting some so you guys can try something new.

Steak and Cheese low carb wraps:
you need: romain lettuce leaves
preferably barbequed meat sliced thin or ground in minichopper
you choice of cheese, either sliced or shredded.
time to put together:<5minutes
1. snap off one fresh romain leaf. you need to buy the entire romaine hearts not shredded lettuce. The lettuce will hold your meat replacing bread.
2. put your thinly sliced or ground meat on a microwavable plate. It should be piled in a 6inch by 2-3 inch shape. Put your shredded cheese over the meat and microwave until it melts.
3. take a knife and slide your melted steak and cheese onto the romaine leaf.
4. if desired, use a little bit of mayonaise to add flavor.
5. wrap in a piece of wax paper, aluminum foil, or napkin so it doesnt drip on you.
6. enjoy!
(this is a bread free lunch. the lettuce gives a great healthy crunch!

Hay pumpkin. I know you are new so I will just move this for you and explain how forums like this work. We have forum made for different subject. Although once in a wile subject will intertwine we still keep threads on topic with the forums they are made in(for the most part). We have a diet forum and a muscle food forum. Also you are a lady so you could even post a thread like this in the woman forum if you like too. (which is where I think I will move it to for you).

This makes it much more easy for people to find the kind of information they are looking for from the type of people they want to hear it from.

Hi everyone:)
I'm bored and lonely today. I no longer have anyone to cook for so I'm in cooking withdrawals..Everyone knows a low carb diet is the way to lean down or atleast keep good muscle and get rid of the fat faster. I've been cooking for chris for years, and I've got some good ideas that are standard menu in my house. I'll start posting some so you guys can try something new.

Steak and Cheese low carb wraps:
you need: romain lettuce leaves
preferably barbequed meat sliced thin or ground in minichopper
you choice of cheese, either sliced or shredded.
time to put together:<5minutes
1. snap off one fresh romain leaf. you need to buy the entire romaine hearts not shredded lettuce. The lettuce will hold your meat replacing bread.
2. put your thinly sliced or ground meat on a microwavable plate. It should be piled in a 6inch by 2-3 inch shape. Put your shredded cheese over the meat and microwave until it melts.
3. take a knife and slide your melted steak and cheese onto the romaine leaf.
4. if desired, use a little bit of mayonaise to add flavor.
5. wrap in a piece of wax paper, aluminum foil, or napkin so it doesnt drip on you.
6. enjoy!
(this is a bread free lunch. the lettuce gives a great healthy crunch!

Hi Ms and welcome!

Rather then give you random information, I'll say, you do need complex carbs in your diet. A low carb diet will not give you long term results and will cause you some health issues.

That said; what are your goal? Can you give us your stats?
weight, height, your nutrition, training program, goals, etc..

Re: Low Carb Diet Suggestions.

re: Hi Ms and welcome!

Rather then give you random information, I'll say, you do need complex carbs in your diet. A low carb diet will not give you long term results and will cause you some health issues.

My goals are:
1. to improve muscle definition of my legs and butt
2. to improve definition of my abs(I list this separately because I think this will be much easier than my legs).
3. to improve overall health which I will gauge by decreasing my bodyfat percentage and the way I look.

my training program is atleast 3 days weight training: 2 days will be for butt/legs, and one will be for chest,arms, back.
days not in the gym I will do 30 min stairmaster slow and deep at home.
I will allow myself to have 2 days off, either on the weekend or any two days preferable a spaced out time.

my diet is unique for me. I have been self employed for 10 years and I have been "eating only when I am hungry". I find I eat too much when I am on a typical schedule, and I am my most fit when I eat when my body needs food. I eat low carb and to me that means I limit my bread, rice, pasta, condiments, fruits and sugars. I read somewhere that even people trying to do a low carb diet will consume plenty of carbs by accident, and I believe this. I would definitely say I'm not a health concern with limiting carbs to extremes, I am simply carb conscious and try to live a lifestyle I think is healthier than others. I haven't seen any studies that show cutting out candy, junk, sugars, and the carbs mentioned cause health issues, but I am possibly not well informed and open to suggestions.
I am always looking for new recipes and I am alone right now...just trying to be friendly and pass the time. Sorry if I offended with my carb preference. Everyone that eats at my house is typically very happy with my concoctions...lol

my starting weight and stats are:
27% bodyfat
soft all over
no muscle definition in my legs at all
always good muscle definition of upper body
130# to start, 127# in a little over a week.

my goal weight is 117-125, lean and defined. I really dont care about the number as long as it looks healthy and fit.

Re: Low Carb Diet Suggestions.

re: Hi Ms and welcome!

My goals are:
1. to improve muscle definition of my legs and butt
2. to improve definition of my abs(I list this separately because I think this will be much easier than my legs).
3. to improve overall health which I will gauge by decreasing my bodyfat percentage and the way I look.

my training program is atleast 3 days weight training: 2 days will be for butt/legs, and one will be for chest,arms, back.
days not in the gym I will do 30 min stairmaster slow and deep at home.
I will allow myself to have 2 days off, either on the weekend or any two days preferable a spaced out time.

my diet is unique for me. I have been self employed for 10 years and I have been "eating only when I am hungry". I find I eat too much when I am on a typical schedule, and I am my most fit when I eat when my body needs food. I eat low carb and to me that means I limit my bread, rice, pasta, condiments, fruits and sugars. I read somewhere that even people trying to do a low carb diet will consume plenty of carbs by accident, and I believe this. I would definitely say I'm not a health concern with limiting carbs to extremes, I am simply carb conscious and try to live a lifestyle I think is healthier than others. I haven't seen any studies that show cutting out candy, junk, sugars, and the carbs mentioned cause health issues, but I am possibly not well informed and open to suggestions.
I am always looking for new recipes and I am alone right now...just trying to be friendly and pass the time. Sorry if I offended with my carb preference. Everyone that eats at my house is typically very happy with my concoctions...lol

my starting weight and stats are:
27% bodyfat
soft all over
no muscle definition in my legs at all
always good muscle definition of upper body
130# to start, 127# in a little over a week.

my goal weight is 117-125, lean and defined. I really dont care about the number as long as it looks healthy and fit.

Well, you do need carbs for proper functioning of your system. I started a thread named "Nutrition 101" and that explains how your system and digestion works with your micronutrients.

You said you cut out pasta, bread, sugar. Those are simple carbs, which you should avoid regardless wether you're leaning out or not.
You need to eat complex carbs, which are oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato, couscous, vegetables, quinoa, ect. Anything that's whole foods.
If your goal is to look healthy and fit, I suggest you have about 5 meals a day consisting of lean protein, and complex carbs. Get rid of the simple carbs and sugary drinks.
Drink plenty of water and green tea a couple of times a day.

Top Bottom