Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

a lot of food = a lot of money

tommy121

How do you guys keep up with the ammount of food you buy at grocery store? let's say (for example)

1) 2 litres milk = $5 Canadian
2) 12 oz chicken = $9 Canadian
3) 12 egg whites = $7 Canadian
4) blah blah blah

that's like at least $40 dollars every week for the ammount of food you are planning to finish off (and hope it won't be over due)

right about me and my sister does all the shopping and we usually spend about at least $100+ Canadian every week.

$100/week, $1200/month, $XXXXX/year

I have to say I still live with my parents (i am 18 years old) I am 6'0 tall, I weight 140lbs, I eat a lot of meat, drink lots of milk, bread, a lot of white rice everyday for the past 3 months, I was at 145lbs before, now I am back to 140lbs.

I mean eating all the food is not a problem, but paying for the food is like crazy, plus eating the same kind of food everyday and 6 meals a day, wouldn't you be sick of it after a week straight eating the same meal?

cook is not a problem for me, I can cook some things, meat, vegetables,etc.

What can I do? I need to be weight at least 180-200, which I need to gain about 50lbs... I want to be tall and big, not tall and skinny :redhot:

hmm, well if you can't afford to buy food there's not much to do :p

Milk is good , but kinda expensive is canada I guess It's 1usd per 1liter milk in Denmark.

Tuna is very cheap and good (tuna in water) 25g protein per 100.

Don't know what else is really cheap, but chicken,tuna,lowfat meat(which is more expensive than fat) and other similar products all rock.

And ya you do get fed up eating the same over and over, but if you have high goals , that's what you need to do.

It's easier to stay home than going to work out as well :p

Yeah man, i eat all bodybuilding foods and it costs me 100.00/month

You gotta go to a "food basics" or some cheap grocery store
and watch the brands you buy. Get the no name stuff if you can. Its no diffrent once its out of the packaging.

Canada needs a Costco. :)

tommy121 said:
How do you guys keep up with the ammount of food you buy at grocery store? let's say (for example)

4) blah blah blah

that's like at least $40 dollars every week for the ammount of food you are planning to finish off (and hope it won't be over due)

right about me and my sister does all the shopping and we usually spend about at least $100+ Canadian every week.

I have to say I still live with my parents (i am 18 years old) I am 6'0 tall, I weight 140lbs, I eat a lot of meat, drink lots of milk, bread, a lot of white rice everyday for the past 3 months, I was at 145lbs before, now I am back to 140lbs.

I mean eating all the food is not a problem, but paying for the food is like crazy, plus eating the same kind of food everyday and 6 meals a day, wouldn't you be sick of it after a week straight eating the same meal?

What can I do? I need to be weight at least 180-200, which I need to gain about 50lbs... I want to be tall and big, not tall and skinny :redhot:

Where do live? Those are some of the most ridiculous prices I've ever heard. I spend about $200 a month on groceries (which roughly the same as your mentioned cost) and that's just fine - my gains are consistent and solid as well.

Check out restaurant suppliers - someone suggested that to me. Superstore is good bet if you don't have a Costco membership. Look in the phone book for meat wholesalers.....

dirty~d~ said:
Canada needs a Costco. :)

Bro, they're everywhere here in Canada, however I noticed they carry less stuff than you guys. For example, I have never, ever encoured ground turkey there. However, the chicken is top notch and of utmost quality/price. For all you fellow Canadians, get the lylidale skinless !

canada needs a Winco! the place is heaven on earth. same idea but just food. a great place to pick up seafood for cheap. mmmmm 3 lbs catfish fillet steaks, fried in some lemon pepper! im hungry!

Dude....4L of milk is like 4.19$ at 7-11 (that means cheaper at a grocery store) I think your all anxious over nothing

My girlfriend's sister works for a meat packing plant...we get chicken breasts for cheap...Costco is good too. And you can find ground turkey in bulk at Superstore sometimes. It's all about looking around for deals if your gonna eat like crazy to gain!

tommy121 said:

4) blah blah blah

Holly shit, where the hell do you shop, that's some expensive ass chicken and eggs.

Top Bottom