Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

losing fat caused by high prolactin levels

big-dumb-lug

is this possible?
Im on meds (risperdal/risperidone) that increase prolactin levels and Ive gained about 5 inches around the waist and 30lbs of fat mostly around the waist since starting the meds.

My current diet I started a few days ago is very minimal carbs like 30g on non training days and at least 300g protein everyday, and 100g carbs before training on training days. I train with the conjugate system (ie. westside, powerlifting). I weigh 230lbs at 5'6" in my 20's. I walk for 30 mins everyday. Gonna up this soon.

I just want to know if it is futile to try and fight the weight gain from prolactin or if maybe Im missing something in my diet plan that's special for high prolactin levels. (i cant get prolactin blockers becuase my blood work didnt come back too crazy but its still high)

You should look into getting some cabaser, google it. 1mg for a couple days then .5mg e3d, will last u about three months.

Id be VERY leery of combining those two.....considering there is a contraindication between cabergoline and anti-psychotic meds. Not to mention, your mental condition be become severly fucked up by adding other meds that can affect mental state or effctiveness of metal drugs.

What is your specific disorder, if i may ask, perhaps a change of meds could work, but again, i stress caution with these types of drugs with mental disorder patients.....they can throw gas on a fire....especially since your drug is used in types 1 and 2 bi-polar and schitzophrenia

schizophrenic

I am actually waiting for this new medication that has less side-effects than the one Im on now, I forgot the name of it its just been passed though, but that could still be a month or 2 away still.

This is an area of medicine i feel needs lots more attention......there is no way people can function without meds for these disorders, but the meds are so shitty you really want to stop them, but cant. Not to mention, these meds are thrown at lots of people who dont REALLY need them (not in your case), and they end up fucking up a normal person who is just haveing a shitty time in their life (ie, SSRIs for a person depressed from a relationship problem, not a chemical problem).

Resperidol has a pretty low side profile when compared to other antipsychotics......the only other one i might suggest would be Loxapine.

It doesnt have the weight gain like Res does, but extrapyramidal sides (TD and such) are increased and there are anticholinergic effects that arent seen with Res.....

Have you discussed Seroquel? Abilify?

The new drug could be paliperidone, actually a metabolite of the drug you are taking...it too has EPS associated with it......

Keep me updated.

Top Bottom