Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

losing 5-10 lbs in 5 days by consuming 900 calories/day, what happens?

hugeskinny

i was debating with a friend how this would not be a wise, nor lasting result, but they kept referring to "other" people who have had success. does anyone know the technical aspects of such a result?

(5 day diet yields 5-10 lb weight loss)

I can loose up to 10 lbs in a day.

Just eat REALLY shitty ... sodium loaded foods, don't drink enuff water... get REALLY bloated... then hydrate up and eat extremely clean and loose the bloat.

It's all water weight though....not fat or muscle. Water.

sgtslaughter said:
I can loose up to 10 lbs in a day.
It's all water weight though....not fat or muscle. Water.
^^
5-10 lbs of water yes... of anything permanent & of value (fat), NO.

You are correct it is NOT wise and will NOT be a lasting result.

The slower you lose weight normaly the easier it is to keep the weight off. Ask your friend how many calories will they be eating when 900calories/day isn"t yielding any weight lose.

are those other people mischa barton and tobey mcguire?

900 cals isnt enough for a 110lb woman, any guy who tries that for more than a couple of days is going to burn up muscle.

thx for the replies all. does anyone have a medical or indepth explanation?

gettnlarge01: it's a 5 day diet where after the 5th day, you lose desire to eat. at that point you are to increase calories (i guess the equivalence of a clean diet).

anyway, i find skeptical parts of the 5 days where you practically starve yourself and lose 5-10 lbs. how would you be losing water if you are eating 900 calories and drinking tons of water? i was thinking you lose lots of muscle (catabolism), and some fat. but surely when you increase calories, i'm thinking there would be a rebound effect; not to mention any damage you've done to your body (metabolism).

Your body is made up of cells.

Cells need to eat.

Eating helps you function normally & keeps you alive.

You don't eat, your body look for food else where.

Body will trigger 'starvation mode' which means lets store all the good stuff away for the hibernation (FAT!) and start munching on what's there (MUSCLE).

One lb of fat = (generally accepted figure) ~ 3500 cals for one pound of fat.

There is NO WAY you can lose 10 lbs of FAT in 5 days unless you BURN an excess of 7000 cals a day. Even 5 lbs of fat in 5 days would be 3500 cals in a day.

DOUBLE EDGED SWORD HERE, lets say you over exerted yourself and tried this.. your body would most likely go into shock AND triggering your body's 'survival mode' or 'wtf is going on' and AGAIN, store what is needs to survive (i.e top choice would be fat) b/c you are doing something WAY out of 'normal' ...

Thus, in THAT amount of time ANY weight shifting on the scale is mostly water, there is NOTHING else it really can be of value (i.e. significant amount fat loss) which is what you're trying to achieve.

Also, if you pound water during this little trial your body may even hold ONTO what you are drinking (your body LOVES WATER) again b/c it's trying to preserve what it can.

Yes there would be rebound from anything added back in too fast.

Best I can do on short notice without getting out my biology book.

Very similar to the "Hollywood Miracle Diet" approach - liquid diet for 3 days of stuff that makes you pee. Sure you'll dump 10 lb of WATER weight.

The refeed on the 5th day is similar to a CKD diet -- but the 900 cals -- initially you'll dump some water weight but you can also do that on higher cals but a specific macro ratio. The first couple days of 900 cals won't really hurt you because you are within that little window of time where your body hasn't really responded to the short term change yet. On probably day 3 or 4 I would expect metabolism to slow down. If the low cals also means low carbs, your energy levels will start to flag as well. That, in turn, drags on your ability to exercise. I think ultimately the result is "skinny fat" if you kept that diet going for a long time. It would get you results, but your muscle mass would take a beating. Generally I think you can lose 1/2 - 1 lb of "fat mass" per week.

Sassy69 said:
Very similar to the "Hollywood Miracle Diet" approach - liquid diet for 3 days of stuff that makes you pee. Sure you'll dump 10 lb of WATER weight.

The refeed on the 5th day is similar to a CKD diet -- but the 900 cals -- initially you'll dump some water weight but you can also do that on higher cals but a specific macro ratio. The first couple days of 900 cals won't really hurt you because you are within that little window of time where your body hasn't really responded to the short term change yet. On probably day 3 or 4 I would expect metabolism to slow down. If the low cals also means low carbs, your energy levels will start to flag as well. That, in turn, drags on your ability to exercise. I think ultimately the result is "skinny fat" if you kept that diet going for a long time. It would get you results, but your muscle mass would take a beating. Generally I think you can lose 1/2 - 1 lb of "fat mass" per week.
^^ great post

*Bunny* said:
Your body is made up of cells.

Cells need to eat.

Eating helps you function normally & keeps you alive.

You don't eat, your body look for food else where.

Body will trigger 'starvation mode' which means lets store all the good stuff away for the hibernation (FAT!) and start munching on what's there (MUSCLE).

One lb of fat = (generally accepted figure) ~ 3500 cals for one pound of fat.

There is NO WAY you can lose 10 lbs of FAT in 5 days unless you BURN an excess of 7000 cals a day. Even 5 lbs of fat in 5 days would be 3500 cals in a day.

DOUBLE EDGED SWORD HERE, lets say you over exerted yourself and tried this.. your body would most likely go into shock AND triggering your body's 'survival mode' or 'wtf is going on' and AGAIN, store what is needs to survive (i.e top choice would be fat) b/c you are doing something WAY out of 'normal' ...

Thus, in THAT amount of time ANY weight shifting on the scale is mostly water, there is NOTHING else it really can be of value (i.e. significant amount fat loss) which is what you're trying to achieve.

Also, if you pound water during this little trial your body may even hold ONTO what you are drinking (your body LOVES WATER) again b/c it's trying to preserve what it can.

Yes there would be rebound from anything added back in too fast.

Best I can do on short notice without getting out my biology book.

EXACTLY what she said

Top Bottom