Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

long term weight loss plan!!!

big calvin

ok after reading what bigandy had to say and the post with the pic of the 490lb guy, it made me realize that im pretty dame close to that pic and i have to change "the way i eat" no more diets and yo yo crap! everytime i strart a diet i get everything in order from the first day. the diet,training,cardio, drug, supplements,etc. and lose weight the first 6 weeks but after that i stop losing weight and binge cause i dont see results. so i think i came up with a perfect longer term plan. tell me what u guys think.....ohh and just to remind u im 460lbs 54% bodyfat, and about to be 18(in 1 month):

week 1-6
diet:
meal 1-myoplex w/skim milk
meal 2-wheat double meat roasted chicken sub
meal 3-myoplex w/skim milk
meal 4-chicken and brown rice
meal 5-sirloin steak w/corn
meal 6-myoplex w/skim milk

training:
just like body for life training

cardio: none yet

cheat: sunday have 2 cheat meals(no coke and watch portions.)

------------------
week 7-12
diet: keep the same
training: keep same other then exercises
cardio: start doing 30-45 min. on off days
cheats: same
-------------------
week 13-18
diet: switch myoplex meals with just whey protein with some skim milk and some flax oil.
training: same
cardio: same
cheat: same
--------------------
week 19-24
diet:same
training:same but change exercises
cardio:try to go to 45-60 min. on off days
cheat:same
+ a fat burner( adipo or lipokinetix)

this is a 6 month program...i think i can lose like 100-150 lbs.... now after week 24 if i stop losing weight ill do a 2-4 week keto diet just to shock my body every now and then..

so what do u guys think?:)

3 Myoplex shakes will hold you back. I would sub the Myoplex shake in the morning for some egg whites and oatmeal. You could get those liquid egg white cartons throw in some parsley, diced red onions, green and red peppers... Great stuff. The possibilities are endless for breakfest.

You need more calories from fruits and vegetables...

Don't foul yourself into thinking that Myoplex is an excellent meal replacement. It's loaded with maltodextrin, a complex carb that is worse that table sugar.

FORGET THE FAT BURNERS!!! The FDA is trying to ban them because they are dangerous for people like you.

The MYOPLEX is only acceptable in Meal 3. Meal 6, you will probably be home, there is no excuse to not eat solid food.

And remember, sometimes it's better to not set any goals. Don't worry about numbers, JUST DO IT!!!

What is your favorite food that isn't that bad? You may want to add it to your diet.

Remember that there is no reason that your food has to be boring, I have a few recipes that I have created such as Andrew's super chicken cesar salad.(Okay, so I made that name up, I really did create a salad, honest!)

Food can taste great with spices instead of fat. Learn how to use them.

I find your diet too hard to follow, but a good start, try again.

Andrew

well the reason i drink so many shakes is cause i really dont like to many diff. type of foods( lol ) but like even when i cheat i eat only like rice and chicken or pasta and coke. i dont eat alot of sugary foods other then coke.but thats all gone now...anyways a food i really like? hmmm, steak! :D i love steak. cubed,t-bone, sirloin, tenderloin, its all good with me!

i got myoplex lite today in stead of normal myoplex cause that knocks out 20g of carbs and protien so less cals :)

im a plain guy, the only seasoning i use is comeplete seasoning and soy sauce. man soy sauce w/ steak in heaven for me :D

anyways what dod u mean by its to hard to follow?

do u think putting more steak and taking out some shakes and maybe take out the brown rice(it has 70g carbs!) i mean even if its a natural carb and low glycemic 70g carbs i really dont need...maybe even cutting some more of the carbs i posted and add fruit? i really dont eat veggies, i know i should but i just think there sick...

thanks for responding...

Hi big Calvin. I'm always pleased to see you're still in the game and haven't given up on yourself. That's the most important ingredient to success in anything you chose to do. I think, as Big Andy said about irvinbbb's friend that whatever plan of attack you chose, you should think of it more as a lifestyle change than a diet. Diets do not work for anyone in the long term. So plan a lifestyle based on what you've learned so far, and one that you can stick to. I seem to recall that you really don't like veggies and fruit and can't be bothered preparing them. That's a shame. You also have a salt addiction that I think you need to address. Salty foods make you want to eat more plain and simple. That's not even considering the negative impact on your health. I can't tell you what lifestyle is best for you. Many many obese people respond really well to a protein power/paleolithic type lifestyle (in terms of food at least). NOT that I'm suggesting you eat your meat raw LOL. But I really think that if you could limit your food choices to unprocessed meats and leafy green veggies plus in season fruits (all unsalted) that you could get where you want to be without 'dieting'. I know, I know you're a finicky eater. That's why BigAndy's advice to design a lifestyle diet around some of the foods you like is a good idea. Nothing wrong with steak. But steak/chicken sandwiches are not a good idea. Nor steak and potatoes etc.....Just steak. Likewise you should ditch the myoplex and milk. Eat real, whole, unprocessed and unsalted food. Remember that our ancestors ate these foods with gusto because they were hungry! And when your active and eating below maintenance calories it should all taste good if you give it a chance.

I think that the brown rice is fine. MS has a good point on salt making you eat more. I use to have an addiction to salt myself, but after a while, I now like my food unsalted. You can change your taste in food. Fast food makes me sick now, I have no desire for it; I use to eat burgers and fries everyday. I hated veggies myself, but my tastes changed.

Make yourself 2-3 meal plans that you can keep rotating. If you like steak, eat that everyday. Look into getting prepacked salads (Just the lettuce)

Listen, you state that it is a 6 month program. You need to understand that this is not a program, this is a lifestyle. Forget numbers, scales, months, pounds... Don't look in the mirror everyday, JUST DO IT!!!

Stick to it religiously for 3 weeks. Weight yourself before and then in 3 weeks, not everyday. Find something else to occupy your time so you don't think of food.

Figure out a couple of meal plans, and post it. I have a couple of recipes you might want to try.

thanks bigandy and MS .....

a couple of meals? well i can name a few :D

-cubed steak w/ green peas(i think i can tallerate them)

-chicken breast w/ some carrot/pea mix

-ham steak w/some peanuts

-2 scoops whey protein, w/flax oil

how are those meals?

the salt thing...well i do hold alot of water retention but i really dont use a whole lot...maybe a tbsp for each steak or chicken...but i think i hold alot of water cause i dont get anuff pattasium(sP) in balance with sodium... my salt intake isnt bad but patt. is very bad....

how about you cut out the cheat food and get used to giving up the sweet food, soon im sure your tastes will change and youll want to eat healthy, making everthing a lot easier.

Also i think cardio is a must at least twice a week if you want to lose fat effectively.

try and eat good fats unsaturated fats as youll need them to help you burn fat.

Good luck!

WOW! thats for the support guy :)

well see now again i dont know what to do. i mean i like steak and would love to eat it every day.but would it be healthy to eat not alot of carbs for life? like once im at a weight i like (260-300) could i just up the carbs to 100g and stay there for life? i mean i could eat stuff like fruits and veggies but always under 100g? i have alot of muscle on me and dont think i would ever need to "bulk" ...lol....but would that be healthy? do i need more carbs?

thanks for the info so far guys :D

i lean more to powerlifting then BB cause i really like compound movments and seeing how much weight i can lift.....would this type of eating be ok if i ever take up powerlifting at meets? i mean all these ? are going through my head but mainlly the health one.i know ill lose weight on it just can i live off it...

Maltodextrin worse than table sugar?

BigAndy69,

Please explain your comment, "Don't foul yourself into thinking that Myoplex is an excellent meal replacement. It's loaded with maltodextrin, a complex carb that is worse that table sugar". Can you explain your thoughts on maltodextrin in further detail?

Thanks.

Top Bottom