Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

logging salmon

Meloncap78

Just curious how I log this as precisely as possible. I see tons of different entries with different weights and varying calorie content in MFP. I have caught 10 already during this run and plan to catch more this coming weekend. I freeze the fillets in water so they last all winter. Figure it’s one heck of a good source of protein and omegas on my cut. I have smoked a bunch as well for an on the go snack. FF0335D6-6191-4EB7-A1BD-0919F1E5C569.jpg

Attachments

• FF0335D6-6191-4EB7-A1BD-0919F1E5C569.jpg
    FF0335D6-6191-4EB7-A1BD-0919F1E5C569.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 24
I fish as well. I do not have to stock my freezer all winter though. the fishing where i live is good year round although some months it goes to shit due to them releasing fresh water into the ocean

it is the best protein you can get and YOU know where it is coming from vs. buying from the store where who knows who touched it and what kind of sanitary practices they used.

people are ignorant, they don't see what i see. commercial fisherman will catch fish and throw them in buckets with no ice in the hot sun.. then sell them later that day to the fish markets. very bad to eat and can land you in the hospital from food poisioning.. catch your own fish !

Salmon has VERY different nutrient profiles based on the type of the salmon.

For example:
Pink salmon (also called chum salmon) - VERY low calorie and low in fat
Sockeye salmon - VERY high calorie and high in fat

What you need to do is find out which strain of salmon you caught, and then look up the nutrient facts.

That salmon looks awesome by the way. Way better then anything you can buy at the grocery store.

Just check myfitnesspal. You will get a good idea there. Then you can just weigh the serving.

He states 'MFP' and says that's where he checked and you say 'check myfitnesspal'... seriously oof!

Salmon has VERY different nutrient profiles based on the type of the salmon.

For example:
Pink salmon (also called chum salmon) - VERY low calorie and low in fat
Sockeye salmon - VERY high calorie and high in fat

What you need to do is find out which strain of salmon you caught, and then look up the nutrient facts.

That salmon looks awesome by the way. Way better then anything you can buy at the grocery store.

This if correct. Or just average it out cos I doubt it'll make the kind of meaningful difference to be useful.

Top Bottom