Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

loaded up 60g protein shake question

Sebastian gtl

Do you think taking a 60 g protein shake after work out is a waste of protein? some nutritionist was on a tv show a few days ago saying your body doesn't absorb more than 30 gm of protein in each protein powder intake, the rest goes out when you go to the bathroom, so why this instructions on the label say 2 scoops per serving= 60 gm, do they want to sell you more?

That nutritionist probably got his certification in a cereal box. I am doing my masters in sports nutrition and what he said is 100% incorrect.

Your body absolutely can absorb 50-60g protein per meal. If you are a 200 pound guy trying to get 1.5g of protein per pound of body weight, that is 300g of protein per day. If you eat 6 meals, that works out to 50g of protein per meal.

Most whey isolates have around 24-27g protein per 30g scoop. I personally use isolation from n2bm.com. A 30g scoop has 27g protein. 2 scoops gives me 54g protein and hits the 50-60g protein per meal requirement perfectly.

whether it does or not you shouldn't be depending on shakes for your protein. eat REAL FOOD. until you learn how to eat real food you will never go anywhere in this. all these skinny dudes you see who can't put on weight it is casue they drink shakes and not real food.

an example of real food after a workout is fish/chicken with brown rice, green veggies, and a piece of fruit.

This makes no sense. Lets take another macronutrient.....fat for example. If you eat an entire pizza instead of just 1 slice do you just shit it out? Absolutely not, you will get fat as fuck! I know that was a dumb example but it shows you exactly why it makes no sense.

I will just copy the reply I gave to another guy in another thread:

The 20-30g of protein per meal rule is BS that was invented by supplement companies who made portions of their protein of such size.

Your body can break down much higher quantities than that. That being said - you are safe to take 40g of protein per time.

Top Bottom