Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

light mayo

I like the blue Hellman's. It is either "Low-Fat" or "Light," I can't remember. But Hellman also makes a green one (the label, not the mayo :) ) which is awful by itself. The blue one is about 5 grams/fat per tbsp. If you need more, you can mix both, and that comes out good. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure the blue one is "Light" and the green "Low-Fat."

I use canola oil mayo. Tastes as good as the regular stuff, plus it's from a better fat source.

Yeah i love helman's regular may........"sigh" that's the problem.

does it tast much like the regular?

gymat123

if you take 5 times more light mayo than the regular one, it is not worth it !

The one thing I can't understand is how on one hand you have mayo in its pure form being pretty much 100% fat then on the other hand you can go off and find fat free mayo. Thats just crazy tastes alot worse but man wtf, it almost shouldn't be able to be labeled mayo anymore I mean its like 100% different ingredients.

Breakt downs on the different ones run usually like

Full : 100 cal per table
light: 50 cal per table
low fat: 25 cal per table
fat free: 10 cal per table

No idea what kind of crap filler is used as you get lower and lower down on the fat scale I know its some sort of carb base.

Either way I like the ones other than full simply because you can have so much more of the shit. Though I seriously wonder about the fat free.

I don't think any mayo is healthy, even if its low fat, depending on what I'm eating, I use mustard or ketchup to replace mayo when I can.

The yreplace fat by
air (yes, light food contain a lot more air than the regular version)
stabilizer
guar gum
xanthan
maltodextrins

Yeah, Gymrat, the "light" version tastes pretty much the same. Still has calories and is mostly fat, though. But if you can get used to using 1/2 tbsp for every 1 tbsp that you normally eat, PLUS switch to low fat, you have cut your calories by 75%.

These "fake" mayos may not be the best in terms of health or chemicals, but if they make the difference between sticking to your overall diet or totally giving up and eating double-bacon cheeseburgers dripping with regular mayo, I'd say they are an acceptable trade off. Because tuna just sucks without it.

Top Bottom