Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

length of atkins diet...?

cozmokramer

Hello... last year I was on the atkins diet... I started at 169 lbs and 16% BF and was on the diet for 2 months...
max of 10 grams of carbs per day... in ketosis the whole 2 months....

Well I lost 19 lbs and got down to 150 lbs and was just 10.2% BF...

Is being in ketosis for 2 months crazy or does anyone else do it for that long?

I'm back to about 164 now and 14% bf and thinking of doing it again...

Straight keto diets are usually a siet really obese people are set on for LIFE..It becomes a way of life...Now CKD's are something different, you have less of a chance of balooning back like you seem to be doing. In my opinion, if you cant stay on a straight keto diet, then don't bother, cause you will baloon right back. It's for inactive highly overweight people from what i've gathered on here. Ckd's are for people that are active and want the quick fat burning properties. if you're active, you've less of a chance to baloon back, especially if you're into watching what you put into your body and when like most people on this board. if you're not lifting or anything, I'd say you're better off just doing an isocaloric diet (the 40/30/30/ thing) and just eat in defacit. But I'm going to assume you lift and do some cardio, so, just do your empty stomach cardio every other day or so, and lift normally, and eat in about 500 calorie defacit of your daily bmr, and don't forget to eat to make up for the loss incurred from exercise!

i have been in ketosis for the last 2 months straight and although I still look forward to the carb up day, I'm still alive after 2 months of no carbs.

If I try to go on a keto diet it is usually for 4 to six weeks and it's at the point of shredding that last six or seven pounds of bodyfat (abs, chest, legs).

Two months or longer sounds a bit long to go without carbs.

Top Bottom