Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lean Beef / Steak... ?

MonStar1023

I am curious who on here swears by lean red meats? I have never throughout my entire life in the sport of bodybuilding ever eaten red meat. If I have it was on a cheat day or something along those lines..

Many of you suggest red meat and #1 for mass-building etc. What kind of steaks should I look for at the supermarket?
HELP!

:confused::confused:
I am looking for GOOD TASTING, low-fat, and high-protein.

IMO, meat protein is meat protein, fat is fat. I don't think there's all that much of a difference. I can't believe that if you were to substitute chicken for lean beef in your diet for say, 3 or 4 meals per week, you'd notice any difference so long as your p/c/f numbers remained the same.

I'm sure ddc will disagree with me. He swears by red meat for bulking.

Oh yeah, recommendations. Go with London Broil for the leanest, cheapest cut. You can get it at any supermarket. It's pretty good if you prepare it right, but if you don't, it can be really tough.

Marinade it, preferably overnight. Season it up to taste, depending on what your sodium limits are. Then, and this will sound weird but it makes a huge difference - trust me, beat the shit out of it with a meat tenderizer or plain old hammer. Do that after it's marinaded overnight.

BBQing is best of course, but I don't always have access to one so I just broil them in a toaster oven. I like them fairly rare, roughly 7-8 minutes per side.

Good thing about lb is that it's usually a thicker cut and you can get three or four meals out of it.

You don't need to mariante london broil over night.

It's a cheap source. around 1.69 a lb. Cut off ALL visible fat.

Then slice the meat into real thin layers.

Soak those layers for 15 minutes in Lemon Juice, It will get super tender.

Cook tha meat over a flame for a few minutes. Or on the Foreman Grill.

Peace

Top round steak.
Bottom round steak.
Flank Steak.
Top sirloin.

I've gotten ready for bodybuilding shows by taking in nothing but red meat and salmon at each meal and green veggies, no carbs.
Lean red meats and you can rip as easy as chicken. But actually I hold more muscle on lean red meat so its even better to me. I tried this last show last year and won so from now on i'll diet on lean red meat, don't get tired of the taste like I do chicken. And so easy to foreman grill it...

My last meal of the day is 6 oz of lean red meat and two tablespoons of flax oil. Red meat digests pretty slowly.

Top Bottom