Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

late night workouts and diet.

RippeD SacK

There has got to be a few people like my self here that can't get up a 4am to hit the gym. Those who go say around 7:30 or 8pm, after lifting what do you eat? Being so late it's probable not great to consume a ton of calories when trying to slim down. I work an average of 11 hours a day mostly manual labor and very little time to have large filling meals. I consume 2 to 3 shakes, a couple protien bars, and a decent lunch. Huh... Kinda sounds like a slimfast ad. I am looking for a few good ideas that are easy and fast. I would toss out the K, but as you see I aint gots none.

well, as for myself, I used to train around 8pm. Now I usually do around 5 to 6. either way, if you are trying to stay lean you need to watch your diet intake that late at night. also, what time do you go to sleep? after your workout you need some simple sugars, from a powerade or something, and a good amount of protein, prob around 30grams. if u wanted an actual meal, u could do like a chicken breast and a sweet potato for the carbs. and then depending on how late you go to sleep, you could have a low calorie low carb protein shake around midnite if you are up that late.

RippeD SacK said:
There has got to be a few people like my self here that can't get up a 4am to hit the gym. Those who go say around 7:30 or 8pm, after lifting what do you eat? Being so late it's probable not great to consume a ton of calories when trying to slim down. I work an average of 11 hours a day mostly manual labor and very little time to have large filling meals. I consume 2 to 3 shakes, a couple protien bars, and a decent lunch. Huh... Kinda sounds like a slimfast ad. I am looking for a few good ideas that are easy and fast. I would toss out the K, but as you see I aint gots none.

No K = No advice....kidding bro...It seems like your just eating alot of liquids and bars...Im guessing due to your work you cant pack "real" food?? I workout at 8 or 9pm...so whether your leaning down or bulking up your PWO shake is crucial and you shouldnt skimp on it...so right after your workout do the protien/dextrose/creatine/glutamine combo...before bed if you still have time for one last meal have a cup of cottage cheese and 1-2 T of ANPB...i would suggest you get more "real" food in you though...

I workout late (around 7-9 usually)... but I eat alot of whole foods throughout the day.

I use a during workout shake with protein and a simple carb (dextrose/maltodex, ect.)... right before bed I'll pound some egg whites and ANPB.

I suggest a protein and a fat before bed. No carbs.

1st suggestion. Find another job-manual labor sucks ass and is almost guaranteed to stifle your gains. I'd rather work twice the hours at a boring job that paid less w/ air conditioning, a refrigerator, and a microwave close by-optimally where you can eat meals spaced out every 2-3 hours and get paid for it. This way you can devote all of your physical energy to your workouts and have more time at rest. Keep up what you're doing a few more years and you'll need 1000mgs of Vicoden just to get out of bed in the AM.

BigCracker said:
1st suggestion. Find another job-manual labor sucks ass and is almost guaranteed to stifle your gains. I'd rather work twice the hours at a boring job that paid less w/ air conditioning, a refrigerator, and a microwave close by-optimally where you can eat meals spaced out every 2-3 hours and get paid for it. This way you can devote all of your physical energy to your workouts and have more time at rest. Keep up what you're doing a few more years and you'll need 1000mgs of Vicoden just to get out of bed in the AM.

Hah pretty damn close to the vics already. Some days I feel beat up so bad it wonder if it's worth the money.

RippeD SacK said:
Hah pretty damn close to the vics already. Some days I feel beat up so bad it wonder if it's worth the money.

I hate sounding like Dr Phil, but there are different currencies in life other than $$$. Think how much better your life outside of work would be if you didn't feel beat up all of the time. If you try hard enough you can find a balance between work, training, and socializing that will enhance the overall quality of your life. Something you'll never hear a person say on their deathbed: "I wish I would've worked more hrs at that ball buster job I had before I died"

mate where i used to work i had little time to eat, so i used to blend my food, tuna, brown rice and potato, i didnt think it tasted too bad, however i was in the marines so used to eating some fucked up food.

i usually work out after work. i'll have dinner about 6 or 7 pm...nothing huge...then wait about an hour or 2...then hit the gym for a couple of hours. a nice PWO protein shake and i'm good. then it's a good night sleep for me.

the only time i workout in the mornings is on the weekends. these days...i just go to the gym whenever i can. unfortunately i have a mixed up schedule but i have learned how to adjust it accordingly.

i forgot to add that i usually have 2 brekfasts...lots of carbs and fiber, then a huge lunch around 1pm...then something lite before dinner.

Top Bottom