Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kick Ass Cellulite Article!!!!

21inch_arms

What is Cellulite?
By James Koskiniemi
Senior Editor Ripped Magazine

Cellulite results from the tendency of fat cells in the subcutaneous fat layers to inflate from their small, pin-head size to 10 times their size – to a size even as large as white beans. Common to men and women of all sizes and ages it is an accumulation of fat, fluid and toxins trapped into a hardened network of elastin and collagen fibers in the deeper levels of your skin. Scientists and doctors believe that it can be passed down genetically but there are preventative measures that can be taken to fight cellulite buildup. It is a known fact that aprox. 50% of all men and 85% of all women have some cellulite on their bodies.

A physiological explanation of cellulite involves muscle contraction and the muscle pump function. If a person’s activity is very low, and their muscles do not contract and relax at their optimal level, the lymphatic system, in turn, does not detoxify and flush out enough lymph from the individual’s extremities. Consequently, cells fill with waste products and expand, holding their deposits. Because the lymphatic system does not have an adequate pump system itself, lymph flows best when the muscles are moving, which aids the lymph flow. To optimally activate the lymphatic system, muscle contraction is needed, as well as firm connective tissue, which offers the sufficient level of compression. If the connective tissue is too elastic, or too tired, it cannot apply enough compression on the muscles and lymphatic system. Sloppy or tired connective tissue, resulting from hormonal influence (higher Progesterone levels), is unable to perform this compression. The subcutaneous tissue is also called the collagen tissue. It creates the desirable outer firm appearance of the skin. Both the collagen fibers with their firmness and low elasticity, and the elastic fibers form a “fine net” between the muscle and the fat tissue of the skin. With age, the body’s reproduction of these fibers slows down. The importance of a good working lymphatic system goes far beyond its role in flushing out waste products. Lymph also acts like a filter in the tissue; it destroys bacteria and produces white blood cells in the lymph nodes.

Things you can do to loose fat
1. Exercise

· Cardio at least 3 times per week for at least 20 minutes.

· Weight Training (there are no perfect weight training programs because every person is different but it is a fact that weight training promotes fat loss and if you want to live that ripped lifestyle hit the gym at least 3 days a week and pump some iron).

· Increase circulation by massaging areas where CELLULITE is predominant. There are effective creams that you can buy over the counter, when applied these creams can help, but it will take aprox. 4-6 weeks before any results are noticeable.

2. Diet

· Limit your Saturated Fat, Sugars, Salt, Carbohydrates (you need energy but excess carbs will prevent weight loss), and Calorie intake depending on your weight should be less than 2000 calories.

· Drink lots of water (suggested 8 to 12 glasses per day)

· Drink Herbal Teas rather than carbonated sodas, it also will decrease excessive water retention.

· Supplements and Vitamins containing C have been known to lower cellulite levels

· Fat burners/Thermogenics such as MD6, Hydroxycut, and Xenadrine work to help reduce body fat by suppressing appetite but should be used in conjunction with proper exercise and should be taken under the supervision of a physician.

3. Professional Procedures

· Ionithermie- use of electric current combined with a plant and mineral preparation and is offered at salons. Its effectiveness is very short term and professional physicians claim this procedure is not a guaranteed safe cure unless under the care of a trained professional.

· Mesotherapy- expensive medical therapy where drugs are injected into the cellulite deposits to boost circulation and stimulate drainage. Few patients treated experienced short-term improvement.

· Cellulolipolysis- questionable technique where electrodes are encased in long needles and are inserted into the cellulite. About 50% the patients treated saw noticeable improvement.

· Surgery- none of the forms of liposuction have shown to be able to remove cellulite and there is a risk of damaging circulation and the lymph system.

Summery
Now lets review the facts, you now know what cellulite is and you know how to get rid of it. Now all you have to do is apply what you’ve learned. So, get up out of that computer chair, throw that salty cellulite boosting bag of potato chip away and start stretching. I wanted to express a few thoughts about misconceptions. There is a big misconception about sit-ups, people think that they can do lots of sit-ups and the cellulite on their stomach will just go away. Well actually sit-ups will only increase circulation and build the muscle that is under the fat, the muscles in your abdomen will not be seen until your fat is gone. So do your sit-ups along with cardio a proper diet and some weight training. Another misconception is that there is a cure all out there, a product or method such as surgery or meditation that will rid you of your fat. The truth is that there is no one perfect method, it is the combination of multiple efforts and disciplines such as eating right and exercising that will help you change your body over time.

I thought this was a female only trait? Ive never seen a guy with cellulite on his stomach! WTF?

In any case, Im emailing this to my mom.

Well naturally I would like to see that guys references for that article......

Let's face it. Cellulite is predominantly an estrogen problem. Obese children rarely have it in spite of atrocious diets and no exercise. This is probably due to the relatively low levels of estrogen in pre-pubescent kids. After puberty women are very likely to get it. How badly it 'shows' is influenced by how much sub-Q fat she carries. Men are likely to get it from anything that raises their estrogen levels (alcohol, steroids, obesity). Transexual men that were free of cellulite will predictably develop cellulite after continuous female hormone therapy. So yes, if you wish to diet down to 12%bf or below then you may be able to hide your cellulite. But to suggest that the connective tissue matrix that causes cellulite will disappear by drinking herbal tea and doing some cardio and weights is misleading at best.

exactly. You never see a fat guy on the beach with holes in his stomach . never seen a guy with cellulite - even fat drunks - never seen one. Def. an estrogen problem.

When I was in the USAF, I knew a body builder. Great looking guy - total hunk - drool.

Caught him in his shorts one day - the guy HAD cellulite!

Also, have seen a little on the SO's butt when he tenses his behind.

Also, my youngest son was very pudgy in kindergarten. Poor little boy had it too. (We fixed it, btw)

But I have seen cellulite in men.

YES, it is an estrogen problem, but I believe it could be caused by xenoestrogens, which some say are getting so bad that they are causing estrogen dominance symptoms (i.e. irritibility, bloating, obesity, cellulite, etc.) in men and children. Xenoestrogens are chemicals in food (antibiotics, steroids, etc.) that fit estrogen receptors.

I have seen it.

fawn

fawnmarie said:
YES, it is an estrogen problem, but I believe it could be caused by xenoestrogens, which some say are getting so bad that they are causing estrogen dominance symptoms (i.e. irritibility, bloating, obesity, cellulite, etc.) in men and children. Xenoestrogens are chemicals in food (antibiotics, steroids, etc.) that fit estrogen receptors.

I have seen it.

fawn

Xenoestrogens is another term for enviromental estrogen. Just as an FYI- There are now published studies that relate Xenoestrogens to drinking liquid from plastic continers that have been exposed to heat, light, and or sun. Also, they a relating Xenoestrogens to early female puberty, the studies I read are in a sense blaming Xenoestrogens for Breast development in pre-pubesent girls and some boys. Honestly I never remember any of my pre-highschool girlfriends needing anything more than a training bra. My wife and I were talking the other day about one of her friends 12 year older daughter needing a C-cup bra. WTF!!!!!!
:confused:

Yes, Xenoestrogens may be a contributing factor, though speculative at this stage since many "estrogenic" compounds (such as tamoxifen and soy) are only estrogenic in some tissues and not others. Tamoxifen and soy are two examples of xenoestrogens that are actually antagonists to estrogen in breast tissue. A more plausible correlation between juvenile breast growth and estrogens is the obesity link. Adipose tissue is a great producer of estrogens in both men and women. Diets high in saturated fats are also a large contributor to estrogen production even without obesity. American youths are getting more obese every year, and there's no sign of them reducing their intake of saturated fats. Pure conjecture at this stage, but it's easy to blame environmental toxins for humanities problems (and I won't deny this is a huge problem). It is more realistic to look in the mirror, look at you and your kids diets and be honest with yourselves. Aside from that, women will always have cellulite. If they don't then there is probably something wrong with their endocrine system and I bet their breasts and fertility will be affected too. All conjecture of course.......

Top Bottom