Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ketosis>????

I do a 12 hour carb intake every 10 or 11 days... it seems to work for me... it can take 2 or 3 days to get into ketosis so I want to get the most of out of it before carbing and getting kicked out!

how much fat should be consumed a day if no carbs??? i'm really considering this very popular ketosis kraze. but wouldn't high fat intake contribute to cellulite????
you are still keeping sat fats to a minimum, though, right. (yeah, a searching i will go...) i like the 12 hr carb up idea every 10-12 days, as opposed to every weekend. i'm thinking. i'm thinking. maybe.

so 65% of total cals is from fat and the rest from protein. ok. but i'm still wondering about the fatty questions. i think it's called female cellulitical paranoia. :eek: <--- (i love that guy)

"how much fat should be consumed a day if no carbs??? i'm really considering this very popular ketosis kraze. but wouldn't high fat intake contribute to cellulite????
you are still keeping sat fats to a minimum, though, right. (yeah, a searching i will go...) i like the 12 hr carb up idea every 10-12 days, as opposed to every weekend. i'm thinking. i'm thinking. maybe."

SWEETS, on a keto diet, most agree that you eat any kinds of fat, saturated, monounsaturated, poly...etc. Too many have the mindset (due to poor science and propaganda) that fat = fat. This may be true in the context of a moderate to high carb diet, but not in a low carb diet.

When carbs are reduced, the body alters its fuel consumption from glucose to fatty acids. Therefore, the majority of the fats that you ingest are also being burned as fuel as opposed to being stored as fat, as they would on a normal diet (normally fats have 97% efficiency of conversion to stored triglycerides). Along with the ingested fats, your body begins to liberate stored body fat, due to the fact that insulin levels are low now, and glucagon, cortisol, and norepinephrine are elevated.

So on a keto diet, one can eat lots of saturated fatty acids with out the worry of gaining fat...this does not mean that saturated fats are the prefered fats for health. I believe that the diet is much more healthy, and may even be more effective, if the saturated fats are kept to a minimum and monounsaturates and polyunsaturates are the predominate fats.

thanks for the info, cockdezl. so ketones are being burned first, then the stored fat.

BUT ... how can you guarantee that you're getting into the stored fat zone???? is that why you need to get those testing sticks???

and how many days should you be IN KETOSIS, before carbing up, for it to REALLLy be effective????

so i guess energy would be more likely to come from an eca, huh????? thanks :)

When I go on I low carb diet I lose weight like crazy(mostly water) but as soon as I start increasing my carbs I get so bloated. That sucks.:mad:

what I do is go without carbs to lose weight and then I start adding carbs ONLY before noon after I've reached the weight I want to be at .

It works pretty great at maintaining the weight I've lost

cozmo, so about how many carbs (average) do you consume before noon while on maintenance????? simple, complex, both?????? still crazy low #'s?????

I consume about 150 grams of carbs but only before noon.... usually fruit or bagel for breakfast...

NOTHING AFTER 12.....

Top Bottom