Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ketogenic Diets

halcyon

What do you guys think of ketogenic diets? I started one about 5 days ago and i've lost 6 pounds but only dropped 1% of bodyfat. I think I'm losing too much muscle. Anyone else have experience with this type of diet?

The Ketonic Diet works great for cutting up. If you have been in DEEP ketosis for 5 days, you need to start a carb up for 2 days or you'll end up loosing muscle. <BR>
--carb up---<BR>
do a full body workout, i.e. all body parts 4-5 times in a circuit...<BR> then immediately (1st 24hours) have high glycemic carbs... usually sugar cereal and Fat-FREE milk (have no fats)/ or rice cakes
have about 35-45 carbs every 2 hours<BR>
then 2nd 24hours have lower glycemic carbs<BR>like pasta.. after your last meal of carbs... wait 1 hr, then have an apple in order to spike your insulin and help you back into ketosis<BR> (unless you know how to use insulin, DON'T USE IT IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW...Humalin R will get you into ketosis in 3-12hours if properly administered, if done wrong you can die)<BR>
---get Ketosix strips if you haven't yet, they are very necessary for a Ketonic diet--<BR> if you have questions about Insulin post<BR>
My 2cents<BR>
Mr.X

Losing 6 pounds is not uncommon when first starting a keto diet or when following a wekend carb-up. When I do a 48 hour carb-up, I will gain up to 15 pounds of water and glycogen (and hopefully not too much fat). Then by Tuesday and Wednesday, I pretty much lose all of it and am pretty much depleted. 1-2 pounds of fat loss per week is not too bad, so I wouldn't worry about it. To reduce the amount of water and fat gain over a weekend carb-up, I usually cut back to a 24-30 hour carb-up instead of the 48.
MR. BMJ

Ya I been on it for 2 weeks.I think i overdid it on calories though.Didnt seem like i lost much fat.Im goin to decrease my calorie intake maybe 500-700 below maintanence.Hopefully i dont lose no muscle.What kind of intake do you guys use as far as calories?

usually I use the following formula:<BR>
your weight x 12= amount of calories needed<BR>
then in about 2 weeks you can change the 12 to 11 but the lowest is 10.... so if you're 200lb .. you start w/ 2400 calories and go no lower then 2000
<BR>
My 2 cents<BR>
Mr.X

What weeks do you get the best results on Keto.Is it later in the diet.It seems to me like the first two weeks are working slowly.

if natural it takes 2-3 days to get into ketosis so it seems like a while, but fat loss (for me at least) increases as you go longer and longer on the diet
It has to do w/ the bodies ability to burn fat more and more efficiently
My 2cents
Mr.X

Wow, resurrecting a 3-year old thread?

As far as the carb-up, it depends on your weight, your fitness level, have you done keto diets before.
Basically, if you are just starting out and have quite a bit of weight to lose, then you can wait and do the first carb-up after 10-14 days of being in ketosis.

Top Bottom