Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ketogenic diets

Dingo12

I am thinking of using a ketogenic diet for my next comp. I used a low carb, high protein diet for my first comp. prep. last year and found this form of dieting worked well for me and helped me with my carb cravings (believe it or not). What I want to know is;
(1) Do you reduce kcals on this diet and by how much?
(2) Can veggies such as broccoli, caulflower, greens still be eaten?

I hope you can help me here.

Thanks.

I'm not a competitor and others will fine tune shit as this thread progresses but....veggies are carbs, save them for carb days. I drop carbs for three days at a time. Then I eat one day normal. I do jack the calories as high as I can on the no carb days. The normal day seems to keep the metabolism humming along nicely. These are the best diets. The carbs aren't there to make you hungry and you get all the fats you need for growth. Keep us posted.

But, I thought veggies like greens didn't make a difference to your diet since they require more energy to be broken down than they actually release. Would this just cancel out then?

1. Yes, cut the calories somewhere between 10-12 X your bodyweight. You could even start out at 14 X if you wanted to.

2. You can eat vege's (preferably greens) as long as you do not go much over 20-50 grams per day. Vege's have both fiber as carbs and "reg." carbs present. This will vary upon each vege. This is something you will need to experiment on yourself because some people can take in more carbs than others and not have it effect their ketosis levels. Personally, I strive for as close to zero carbs as possible on a CKD considering I only have a few days to burn as much fat before my carb-up. BTW, I don't have the nutritional value of any vege's on hand.

***I know this was kind of vague and brief, but I just had thumb surgery and am a little "BONKED_OUT" from my Vicodins.
MR. BMJ

One more thing, don't count these veges as part of your carb-up, at least do not include them in the first 24 hours. This should be high GI carbs and proteins!!!

20-50g, that's like a fist-full. I like to eat like 400g per day to keep me regular and fill me up. If I don't get the full feeling I go off and binge (I have had bulimia for 8 years and control most of my urges by filling up on veggies), so using veggies like this I see as a compromise between ruining my diet and ingesting a little carbs.

Top Bottom