Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ketogenic diet - any good?

ItsARCHIEftw

Is the ketogenic diet a good one to follow? Thatthing of eating so much fat and so little carbs sounds me verystrange – how can that be safe and effective for fat loss? Doesanyone actually follow this diet?

I am not an advocate of ketogenic diet. I have yet to see evidence that convinces me it actually puts you into keto

you want to go into keto for real? do a water fast and you will go into keto within 3 days. don't give me that bs that eating a bunch of steak and chicken all day puts you into keto.. every person i see who does keto is fat for a reason, they usually quit on it

I have tried the ketogenic diet twice, and I have to say that it works. What I liked about it is that it did allow me to lose weight, and surprisingly I had lots of energy with it - had an easy time waking up, and could go on the entire day without feeling hungry. However, there are two major problems with this diet for me. First of all, you start smelling a bit odd, both the body and mouthsmell. Secondly, it is very hard to follow this diet, and many times so not because of your strength of will, but just because it is so damn hard to avoid carbs in modern foods.

All in all, I believe that this diet deserves it due consideration, and you can give it a try.

I've done it several times in the past.

Yes it does work, would I do it again? probably not. It's quite a difficult diet to follow and it has a lot of limitations as to what you can eat, a simple caloric deficit will suffice for most weight loss needs.

I am not a fan of the ketogenic diet. Carbs are what fuel hard training and keep the muscle full. Carbs are also essential for optimal thyroid output.

I recommend carb cycling. Carb cycling makes a lot of sense. Both scientifically and in a real world sense. No one will question the fact that carbs are anabolic. The problem with carbs is that too much of them will simply get you fat.

By carb cycling, you get the best of everything. The low carb days are fat loss focused and re-sythnesis muscle insulin sensitivity and the high carb days are very anabolic and replenish depleted glycogen levels.

I explain how to set up a carb cycling diet and have a full sample meal plan in this article here -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/supplements/carb-cycling-exposed-trevor-44776.html

I have seen keto be very effective but typically that is for people who are very overweight/obese. I don't like it personally because I feel like shit without carbs and find it hard to have enough options for recipes.

I have tried the ketogenic diet twice, and I have to say that it works. What I liked about it is that it did allow me to lose weight, and surprisingly I had lots of energy with it - had an easy time waking up, and could go on the entire day without feeling hungry. However, there are two major problems with this diet for me. First of all, you start smelling a bit odd, both the body and mouthsmell. Secondly, it is very hard to follow this diet, and many times so not because of your strength of will, but just because it is so damn hard to avoid carbs in modern foods.

All in all, I believe that this diet deserves it due consideration, and you can give it a try.

This. I don't diet but talking to members of my local gym they do seem to struggle and have the side effects you mention (at least some).

Food, be it fat, carbs, protein or sugar is incredibly hormonal. What you see on low or zero carb diets is the dieter gets very moody and or struggle with it. True Ketosis is, as has been said hard to achieve properly. Once the body starts using fat its fine. But until then it can and does affect the mood.

Of course, unless for competition, it's easier to stop thinking of 'diet' as somehow being a temporary thing and better to think lifestyle

Also I would recommend ketogenic diet to all of you that love to eat delicious food because on the internet you have tons and tons of keto recipes for a very low budget but very delicious! From breakfast to dessert :D

Top Bottom