Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keto, keto, keto....... urgent ;)

taran

Hello,

I have a few questions about keto diet which is I see very frequent in your country (I'm from Europe).

What is the conection between ketones and artificial sweetners (I mean those with no carbs)?
Only Sucralose and Saccharin are acceptable?? Why is that? What about Aspartam?

I'm a woman, 66 kg, (146,7 pounds), 22% BF. I'm eating around 2200 cals - is this too much for me? (on my normal low carb-high protein diet I consume 1500 cals).
The problem is I can't eat less otherwise I'm allways hungry. I eat 70% F, 30% P , carbs less than 20 g pro day.

And something more - I don't know what kind of keto tests you have in US... Well, ours turn to violet, vhen positive. A was thinking... if you don't produce enough ketones (not because of too much carbs but because of too little cals during day - so you use most of ketones for energy and don't have any redundant to pee them away) is possible the test is negative?
I'm sure I don't eat too many carbs (allways around 10-15 g, never more than 20g) but my test is sometimes negative. Is it possible some substances (very high doses of vitamins and minerals, GHB ;) ) wipe out violet colour? I also don't dring coffee and I'm not using any sweetners.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Best regards from Europe, hope to see your country again very soon!!!

And sorry for mistakes in text.

kentucky said:
aspartame can knock some people out of ketosis.

Supposdly, however I haven't met anywho who has tested it and had this problem. All 3 types listed should be ok.

You're calories are a bit hit for your bw if you are cutting. If you are still hungry, and from what you decribed about your keto strips, I suspect you are not getting into deep ketosis. Start checking your foods very closely. There are hidden high GI carbs somewhere in your diet. It shouldn't be an issue of insulin sensitivity at the point, if you are eating as you claim. You may wish to list EVERYTHING you eat for a couple of days, and see if one of use can find the food resposible for this.

No, you are not burning the ketones for fuel. That is one main advantage of being in ketosis. You expell alot of extra fat calories in the form of unburned ketones. This is why one can eat more calories on a keto diet and still lose bf.

i have been on atkins for a month now lost 25 pounds and two inches from my waist
i have found i have never been in deep ketosis
mostly pinkish and medium pink
noticed i was not consuming enough fat
but it is still working perhaps not as fast as it could have been
how do i bump it up?

obiwan9962 said:
i have been on atkins for a month now lost 25 pounds and two inches from my waist
i have found i have never been in deep ketosis
mostly pinkish and medium pink
noticed i was not consuming enough fat
but it is still working perhaps not as fast as it could have been
how do i bump it up?

• Nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc.)
  • Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc.)
  • Peanut butter (natural -- only peanuts or peanuts & salt in the ingredient list)
  • Oils (canola and olive -- use for pan cooking and dressings)
  • Cold-water fish (salmon, tuna, etc.)
  • Supplements (bottled flax oil, flaxseed meal, fish oil caps, etc.)

This is far from a complete list, but a good starting point. :)

Top Bottom