Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keto, carb cravings, and aspartame.....personal experience

marmight

Greetings to all.

This thread is about my experience with keto. I have done the keto diet in the past, with much less knowledge and had great success. ( 50lb loss ) I am currently into week 5 of keto, and going strong. ( 30lb loss so far ) I would like to speak of somethings that helped me get over the 2-3 week hub of cravings, and some things that I have notice that kick off cravings.

In my experience, IF you can get through 2-3 weeks of the carb cravings it gets much easier.

"Well Marmight, How do you sub your carb cravings?"

I'm glad you asked. I find for myself, fiber helps. Now don't run out to buy some Metamucil. If you are eating 5 meals a day, sub 1 or 2 of your greens for 2-3 cups of iceburg lettuce chopped. Sounds like a lot of food, yes? And it pretty much is. But for only being about 40-50 cals and maybe 1-2 carbs it is worth it. I have found that on the days I didn't eat the lettuce I craved more carbs. maybe its me, maybe fiber is magic....I don't know. ( and you can poop)

Recipe;

2-3 cups ( about 1/4 of a head of lettuce ) chopped like subway lettuce.

red onion - sliced thin, about 1-4 grams ( maybe 2-3 tablespoons )

1 tsp parm cheese ( from a can or fresh )

1-2 tbsp of dressing of your choice. ( I like kraft greek and feta or sweet onion ( even toss in a tbsp of real mayo if you wanna help your macros ))

Roughly 120cal salad 2-6 carbs

If you are eating REAL clean, like lean ground beef. Add the chopped lettuce to the ground beef after its cooked but still hot. It helps bulk out the meal and makes it easier to choke down.

Now Aspartame I would guess has been discussed of these forums for a while. Now I like.... no LOVE my soda. And I pretty much only ever drank diet soda. So when I want something something fizzy and sweet I would just grab a diet soda and have done with it, and not worry about kicking myself out of keto.

However, I have noticed this time running keto, When I have a diet soda ( love my Diet Dr. P ) I get cravings! Not necessarily carb cravings but, hunger cravings. I don't know why this is. Maybe it was because if I had a Big mac combo, I had a diet coke with it. Maybe it's because I my body thinks it's getting sugar, and is wanting the carbs to go with it. ( that's my guess )

So now that I have noticed the cravings, no more diet pop. Just good old plain ice water...

So that is a little rant about my keto at the moment. If this helps anyone great! If not.... well I'm not a doctor.

Marmight

Nice post....I love Keto, had a lot of good results with it. Did a CKD earlier this year and I looked great.

Top Bottom