Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

keeping metabolism up by eating a cheat meal

deltonz

My buddy eats junk food twice a week because he says it keeps his metabolism up, he said he has read studies showing this but when i asked him he wouldn't tell me the actual study. He isn't in good shape at all. i'm just wondering is he right with what he said or is he just making things up to feel good about himself.

My buddy eats junk food twice a week because he says it keeps his metabolism up, he said he has read studies showing this but when i asked him he wouldn't tell me the actual study. He isn't in good shape at all. i'm just wondering is he right with what he said or is he just making things up to feel good about himself.
If he isn't in good shape at all you answered your own question..
Sounds like he is grasping at carb cycling.
And when your metabolism stalls/hits a wall. You introduce a chest meal /or carb load.

that only works with skinny dudes because they can get away with it. that sounds like IIFYM. we been studying this stuff for 120 years and there isn't a single study that shows that you can lose weight by eating trash. that is why weight watchers has a 99% failure rate. i know so many people who did it and every single one of them is fatter today than when they started.

why does anyone NEED a cheat meal anyway? junk food is an addiction. fast food and junk food companies are clever, they make the food very satiating and add ingredients to make you wanting more. once you stop eating it after a few weeks you won't want it anymore. I crave fruit, nuts, salads, high quality eggs/meats. if i even drive by a fast food place i get ill from the nasty smell.

if you are overweight you need to eat 100% clean if you want the fastest and best results. no cheat meals allowed. it would be like cheating on your wife once a week "hey I am only doing it once a week, it can't hurt me" or snorting coke once a week. you will never beat the addiction by doing it once a week.

and btw the truth is healthy/nutritious food tastes good and makes you FEEL GOOD. learn to cook, it is fun. once you do you won't ever want junk food again

Your buddy shpuldnt be having cheat meals if he's out of shape. Once you are low bodyfat you can have cheat meals often with no negative consequence. I stay in single digit bodyfat and have a minimum of 2 cheat meals per week. But it requires getting in the right shape and knowing how to balance everything correctly to make it work

just for an addition. when you eat a cheap meal/junk food your calories out drops. so let's say you are counting your calories and think yeah i can afford this 500 calories of junk food, well you can't. because that 500 calories of junk food is really 1500 calories because your calories out drops by 1000 in the process. that is why counting calories and IIFYM does not work and fat people who follow this type of dieting end up getting fatter or spinning their wheels at best.

again I ask why does anyone need a cheat meal? if eating healthy is a chore then A: you are addicted to junk food or B: you just don't know how to prep/cook delicious food. granted I am a good cook but my gosh it isn't like I graduated from the best chef school in the world. I just read cook books and then add or remove what i want. When you just stop eating crap you won't crave it anymore.

also habitual eating is a problem with females where they will eat while depressed. you have to change that negative pattern and use exercise as your out

Your buddy shpuldnt be having cheat meals if he's out of shape. Once you are low bodyfat you can have cheat meals often with no negative consequence. I stay in single digit bodyfat and have a minimum of 2 cheat meals per week. But it requires getting in the right shape and knowing how to balance everything correctly to make it work

Nail on the head right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This right here⬆️

Cheat meals can help from a mental aspect imho, BUT they must be kept in check, it’s a meal, not an afternoon for example.

I utilize cheat meals once a week and take the week of thanksgiving and Christmas off, but like the guys said, that’s best once you reach your desired condition.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

Top Bottom