Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kabeetz: Cut Up or Shut Up [OFFICIAL LOG]

I will definitely try that either after my next bulk or if the current momentum on this cut stalls once again. I am completing my 8th week now of cutting, I'm not where I want to be.. but that's probably because I was very, very gradual with the calorie cutting. 8 more weeks and we'll see what happens. My goals are relatively modest. I really gotta get under 15% bf, preferably closer to 12% because too much of my last bulk gains partitioned to fat despite my bulk being rather clean.

Hopefully summer 2008 we can talk about the "magical" 10% or less bf range.

jpt said:
15 weeks of heavy lifting is a long time imo. you should break it up and do like 12 week heavy and then like a 4 week deload (12-15 reps and low rest periods btwn sets) your goal being next time you get to your "light" cycle again your lifitng heavier weights for more reps. keep repeating that process.

lets just say your benching 135x12 on your light cycle....next time your back on the light cycle you should aim to be doing like 145x12. this should be easy b/c of your strength gains during your heavy cycle. this is how i used to mix up my routine before my injuries and i saw excellent progress. heavy for 12 weeks using a 5x5 and then 4-6 weeks of 12-15 reps with little rest in btween sets. no more then 30 sec's.

as long as your consistent you will succeed....i'm trying to get down to 7% right now and it seems impossible to keep muscle gains without AAS. i'm still around the 10% level...in 7 weeks i don't see myself at 7%...i'm going to try though.

jpt said:
as long as your consistent you will succeed....i'm trying to get down to 7% right now and it seems impossible to keep muscle gains without AAS. i'm still around the 10% level...in 7 weeks i don't see myself at 7%...i'm going to try though.

You'll be a lot closer to 7% than if you didn't try, that's for sure. I'm sure you'll be happy with the results whatever the number you reach is.

WORKOUT

5:45a.m.

5 minute warmup
static and dynamic stretching routine from hatch videos

Squats
93x5 116x5 140x5 140x5

Military Press
74x5 89x5 104x5 119x5

Deads
144x5 173x5 202x5 231x5

NOTES: I did the deads with one of my gym bros who is a pretty successful amateur BBer and an absolute monster for his height. He really helped me with my technique on these and intoduced me to a stronghand under grip...can't believe how much easier it was like this... I expect to really take my deads to a whole new level now. The 231 felt easier than the 202. Excellent workout,

DIET

5:15am (Pre-Workout)
ON Whey 2 scoops
1/2 cup Quaker Oats

7:15 a.m.
1 serving cellmass

ON Whey 2 scoops
1/2 cup quaker oats
1 cup frozen mixed berry blend
vitamins and fishoil caps

9:00 a.m.
4oz chicken breast
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 ounce almonds

12:00 p.m.
4 oz Chicken breast
1/2 cup oatmeal

3:00p.m.
1 ounce almonds

6:30 p.m.
1 serving ANPB

9:30 p.m.
Cheesecake Factory
2 pieces of bread
2 fried macaroni and cheese balls
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
(mostly just ate the chicken and beans cuz was disgusted with the fact that i ate the apps)

NOTES: I knew I was eating out because my girlfriend had some minor surgery earlier in the day and she just started a new job and I hadn't seen her in a week and a half...I tried to not go overboard and I'm gonna look at it as a success. I won't justify it, could've made a much cleaner grilled chicken salad/balsamic vinagrette decision but I could have easily went for a pasta or giant entree too. I am probably going out to dinner Saturday night as well... I will make sure I eat clean up to that meal and look at both meals combined as my cheat day and next cheat will be Super Bowl sunday. Sounds like a plan. Of course this won't mention the grilled chicken sandwich no sauce and small fry I had from BK just now SHHHHHHHHHHHHH it's not 3pm my body can burn those french fry carbs damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :smash: :saw:

computer, end bad diet justification mode NOW.

WORKOUT

None.

DIET

9 a.m.
4.25 oz Chicken breast
1/2 cup Quaker Oats
1 ounce Almonds

12:30 p.m.
1 BK Chicken Tendergrill, no sauce
1 small fry
1 diet coke

5:30 p.m.
4.25oz Chicken Breast

9:30 p.m.
1 serving ON Rocky Road
1 serving ANPB
1 serving frozen berry medley

Totals:

kcal: 2370

52% protein/27% fat/21% carbs

NOTES: It wasn't a perfect day by any means... so I made sure I ate just a little less than usual to somehow exchange for the lack of quality carbs and the bad fats from the fries. On to the next day.

P.S. Workout was so great this morning that I am gonna include it in the next post !

WORKOUT

6:00 a.m.

5 minute cardio warmup
static stretching
bar complex

Squats
93x5 116x5 140x5 163x5 191x3 140x8

Bench
81x5 102x5 122x5 142x5 167x3 122x8

Rows
70x5 88x5 105x5 123x5 144x3 105x8

NOTES: I really just feel so primed right now. All the triples felt so doable. I hope I can hit these for 5 on Monday and keep everything going. I can't help but again mention that I feel stronger at 2500kcal/day than I have in weeks. A tremendous sense of focus on my lifts, good good stuff.

DIET

I'll post today's diet tomorrow if I get a chance to post over the weekend. You can be sure it will be clean.

Don't take this as a slam.......it's just a question....but you've been on the 5x5 program for what, 2 months? From your first day, to yesterdays training, it appears as though nothing has changed, no improvements, no gains and possible even weaker? Am I wrong or are you just maintaining?

JKurz1 said:
Don't take this as a slam.......it's just a question....but you've been on the 5x5 program for what, 2 months? From your first day, to yesterdays training, it appears as though nothing has changed, no improvements, no gains and possible even weaker? Am I wrong or are you just maintaining?

I definitely don't take it as a slam... and I appreciate your interest in my log bro.

I started a 5x5 bulk on 9/1/6, started at 3500cal and got up to 4,000+. My lifts went up 2.5 percent every week as standard. I wish I had my excel spreadsheet at work... but for example my week 1 5rm on bench was 95 and squat was 135 I think. I stopped bulking on 12/1/6 but my lifts continued to progress... to a squat max of 201, a bench of 171, etc. and row of I believe upwards of 150.

However, my squat form had always had a couple issues and at 201 I started feeling like I was about to injure myself, and I completely missed setting a new row max, SO, I rolled back everything a few weeks.

Cut to about 5 weeks later... some mistakes with my rolling back ( a couple lifts too much, a couple not too much, had 1 week where I missed a workout or two and then had to repeat the previous week...) and I am full fledged into forward progress, and I should be hitting some PRs very soon.

Being that I am cutting, my goal was to maintain my strength, not make gains. If I can get some gains that will be great. If I stall, I will probably try an 8-12 rep scheme until my next bulk.

Hope that explains it.

Great stuff...sorry I missed that part.....

However, cutting? Cmon.....you arent cutting eating as many carbs as you do, plus fries and macaroni cheese balls from cheescake factory....dont use that as a crutch.....if you were sub 50g of carbs and truly tryig to cut, then I'd say, WOW...even maintaining is great!

JKurz1 said:
Great stuff...sorry I missed that part.....

However, cutting? Cmon.....you arent cutting eating as many carbs as you do, plus fries and macaroni cheese balls from cheescake factory....dont use that as a crutch.....if you were sub 50g of carbs and truly tryig to cut, then I'd say, WOW...even maintaining is great!

Dude... you can ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY cut with moderate amounts of carbs. Low carb dieting is not the only way to go.

2500 calories a day coming in, way more being burned daily.

I was 300 pounds of fat when I was 18 years old. I probably know 10% of all things lifting, but what I definitely know is what works for me when I am trying to cut.

Your goal is to get into contest shape and win a contest and I am very proud of you and love reading about you chasing your goal. If I wanted to get to under 10% bf I would eliminate all carbs as well. That's not my goal though. If I lose anywhere from .25 of a pound to 2.5 pounds a week, I consider that a win. Anything more and I know I'm in a highly catabolic state.

Top Bottom