Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kabeetz: Cut Up or Shut Up [OFFICIAL LOG]

The beef will do nothing but help propel you even further.

Keep rolling with that momentum... every training day is a new day, new weights, new strength, new desire.

I struggle with stress and cortisol daily... breathing exercises help. Not "lamaz" types either, lol... just deep, slow and controlled.

You're doing great bro :beer:

Thanks Sarge. I needed a good workout last night and I made sure it happened. That's all there is to it:) We're all very lucky that we get to feel a strong sense of accomplishment multiple times a week... some people go years without feeling it.

sgtslaughter said:
The beef will do nothing but help propel you even further.

Keep rolling with that momentum... every training day is a new day, new weights, new strength, new desire.

I struggle with stress and cortisol daily... breathing exercises help. Not "lamaz" types either, lol... just deep, slow and controlled.

You're doing great bro :beer:

Kabeetz said:
And for me even writing about it, or talking about it, can help overcome it.
^^ I like how you put yourself out there. Hang in there :) This too shall pass (quoting my K message someone JUST left me) :)

Congrats on the 186x5. I remember you were once talking about the importance of form, great to see you drop it like it's hot, properly. :)

Whenever you feel like doubting yourself, keep moving in the right direction. The more you think about things the more they tend to hold you back. Stay focused, you're doing great.

*Bunny* said:
Whenever you feel like doubting yourself, keep moving in the right direction. The more you think about things the more they tend to hold you back. Stay focused, you're doing great.

Thanks for the inspiring words. As I'm sure you've heard countless times, you're advice and support has had a great effect on both the effort inputted (sp?)into, and the resulting output of, my training.

weights look good...diet looks good....keep at it brutha!

as far as the anixety goes keeping a log will def help. it helped me big time when i was struggling with some issues! alot of good peeps on this board....ignore comments like that xanax one.....you'll get used to jk

jpt said:
weights look good...diet looks good....keep at it brutha!

as far as the anixety goes keeping a log will def help. it helped me big time when i was struggling with some issues! alot of good peeps on this board....ignore comments like that xanax one.....you'll get used to jk

Yeah bro.. I would like the weights to look better but in due time. And you're absolutely right there are some great people on this board. This place would be nothing without the people that comprise it.

WORKOUT

9:45pm

Decided to do some cardio, etc. at the basketball courts across the street from mi casa...

5 minute cardio warmup...
Static and dynamic stretching..

then...

Hatch video Olympic lift plyometrics routine X1
basketball court sprints (near foul line/back, half court/back, far foul line/back, opposite basket/back) X1
Total routine was repeated 4x. I would like to do this add a "lap" every week ultimately to get to 10x.

DIET

8:30 a.m.
ON Whey 2 scoops
1 Banana
1 serving ANPB

10:30 a.m.
4 oz Chicken breast
1 serving brown rice
1 ounce almonds

1:30 p.m.
4 oz Chicken breast
1 serving brown rice
1 ounce almonds

3:30p.m.
1 ounce almonds
.5 serving brown rice

5:45 p.m. (pre-class)
ON Whey 2 scoops

9:45 p.m. (post-class)
cardio routine

10:45 p.m.
1 serving cellmass

8.4 oz tilapia
.5 scoop ON Whey (to give carb shake something to mix with moreso than anything else)
1 cup S&S Frozen Mixed Berry Medley
.25 cup oats

Total Cals: 2480
Macros: 41% protein/27% carbs/32% fat

As you may have noticed I have gone about eliminating all dairy and all post 3pm carbs (except for post workout when I have to workout at night).

NOTES: Cardio felt invigorating. You dread it but once you do it you feel great:) Also... sneak preview.. this morning's lifting workout went amazing...can't wait to log about it tomorrow.

I've realized that you're only as good as your last workout. This is good and bad because it is easy to get discourages (but completely unnecessary). But now that I've been able to break out of a rut, I expect to be able to encounter the next one armed with a little more strategy and confidence. Go me:) HAHA

now that your cutting are you noticing a decrease in your strength levels ont he 5x5??

jpt said:
now that your cutting are you noticing a decrease in your strength levels ont he 5x5??

In short, YES. I made gains almost 15 weeks in a row, squat was 201, bench was just under 185, shoulders nearing 135 etc but two things happened: #1 I felt like my form was getting sloppy and that a back injury was possible and #2, as soon as I went from 4,000 to 3,500 and then under that a day my strength crashed.....

the second half of december and the first half of January were very discouraging because of this!! I deloaded 4 weeks and then STILL couldn't make any forward progress.....

Plus my sleep was going nowhere getting less than 4 hours a night and that may have been a major factor too.

I stopped taking creatine because I felt like it was a waste of money around this time too.

Lately though I feel really focused and spot on. I think my body adjusted to the cutting and I am making forward progress back towards my old PR's (but at a lower bodyweight!!) If I stall, I just repeat last week's #s for that lift and keep doing it until I hit what I got to hit and that seems to be working.

I'd be curious to try something else while cutting, but I don't wanna stray from improving my compound lift technique either, ya know?

15 weeks of heavy lifting is a long time imo. you should break it up and do like 12 week heavy and then like a 4 week deload (12-15 reps and low rest periods btwn sets) your goal being next time you get to your "light" cycle again your lifitng heavier weights for more reps. keep repeating that process.

lets just say your benching 135x12 on your light cycle....next time your back on the light cycle you should aim to be doing like 145x12. this should be easy b/c of your strength gains during your heavy cycle. this is how i used to mix up my routine before my injuries and i saw excellent progress. heavy for 12 weeks using a 5x5 and then 4-6 weeks of 12-15 reps with little rest in btween sets. no more then 30 sec's.

Top Bottom