Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kabeetz: Cut Up or Shut Up [OFFICIAL LOG]

JKurz1 said:
you have a good thread but if í may......u are spinning your wheels....find your bmr now and subtrct 500 cals. your cals ill bet are waaaay too high. your carbs are crazy. 50g in first meal and 50 postworkout......no more! increase good fats. cardio every am for 40 mins min.....no food 1hr post. then have one huge meal every 14 days as a reward.

my .02 ml bet you drop 2 % at least by then!

Thanks for checking in bro. I don't think I am spinning my wheels because I'm continuing to see improvement. I am at 2,550 cal a day. I was bulking at 4,000 cal a day til december 1st, and starting at 3500, have subtracted about 150 a week since that point. I did this to prevent a massive metabolism re-adjustment, which can take a lot of muscle down with it and slow metabolism to a crawl.

I have been doing a 40/30/30 split, but I agree, I have to lower carbs, and no carbs in the pm.

I have been doing cardio 1-2 days a week, but I don't want to do too much unless my losses stall... that way I save a tool to attack with and add progress.

Some people say to me doing any cardio is bad just do diet manipulation, other people say I need to do more.

I have tried it the low cardio way, and my midsection hasn't tightened as much as I would like, so I am definitely going to experiment with increasing the cardio and timing the carbs more from this week on. Hopefully what works for you does work for me. I'll let ya know bro!

Just wanted to check in.

Been extra busy the last couple days but I will post up my workout log tonight because I left my #'s at home. As for the diet, been sitting at a strict 2,500, eating well. I had my first late night workout in about 9 months last night and I felt kind of weak, probably because I had to save calories for the post workout meal. I'm not gonna make 10:30pm workouts a habit :)

Looking forward to some good cardio tonight.

MONDAY'S WORKOUT
(10:30 pm)

Squats
93x5 116x5 140x5 163x5 186x4

I missed on 186 and I can't tell you why. I usually work out at 5:30 in the morning, I only had 2100 calories in me after a full day of school and work saving room for the pwo, I just didn't feel right, or perhaps I just didn't bring the intensity. Should've made this lift.

Bench
81x5 102x5 122x5 142x5 163x5

That last rep on the 163 was rough but I pulled out it out. Next week who knows!

Rows
72x5 90x5 107x5 125x5 144x5
I wasn't happy with this at all. I rolled back the rows and 144 should've been a lot easier.

Overall:

I'm honestly getting past beating myself up. I'm tired, tired, tired of cutting. I miss making 14, 15 weeks of gains. I am determined however and more disciplined than ever because I don't want to have to do this like this again. I am probably going to have more weeks to the cut and up the intensity because I wanna get lean as all hell and just pile on the lean mass.

TUESDAY NIGHT:

5 minutes warmup, PL Plyometrics, hypers, decline weighted situps, 20 minutes cardio

WEDNESDAY NIGHT:

Will post tonight.

THURSDAY:

Diet thus far today...

2 scoops whey, 1/2 cup granola

6 oz grilled chicken
1/2 cup brown rice (before cooking)

5 oz grilled chicken
1/2 cup brown rice

1 scoop whey, ON Rocky Road (last time I'm taking a 5 pound chance on a flavor..I'm sticking with vanilla from here on out. Stay away from rocky road lol)

5oz grilled chicken
1/2 cup brown rice
1 serving ANPB

Leaves me about a 1000 to go, 1/3 before class, 1/3 before gym and 1/3 pwo. Hopefully can get back to the a.m. schedule next week.

Good workout the other....

Squats
93x5 116x5 140x5 140x5

Military
72x5 87x5 101x5 116x6

Deads
141x5 169x5 197x5 225x5

How can you not love deads? Nearing a PR on the deads and they are just a lot of fun and a workout in and of themselves. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.

The PM workouts have been good, I just think 10:30 is a little late for me to get to bed at a decent hour and get a lot of food in and cut. On the other hand, the extra two hours plus of sleep in the morning definitely has its benefits. I'll be doing today's workout tomorrow early AM and next week back to the AM schedule.

Last night I couldn't sleep til about 2:30 a.m. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. because of a nightmare that my mom, who was historically bad with money when I was growing up, got this credit card that charges u 50 bucks a month just to have the card and she couldn't pay her bill. I know it doesn't sound like a nightmare and it doesn't to me either but I couldn't sleep after that.

Finally I fell asleep, right before I was supposed to wake up to go to the gym at 4:45am

I woke up at 8:45, had to be at work at 9. Got in at 10.

I have this feeling all day that I have a test in 15 minutes that I didn't study for... but I don't have a test. My cortisol has got to be friggin' out of control right now. I can't wait to go to the gym tonight after class... I feel like that's the only thing that is gonna get me feeling like myself again.

JKurz1 said:

Dude I can have an anxious day and not need a med bro. And for me even writing about it, or talking about it, can help overcome it. And if it becomes a habitual problem then i can consider that route too. I really don't think one word responses like that are beneficial to anybody. it's like saying someone posting they had a bad day at the gym and you replying test.

Workout

10:30pm.

Squats
93x5 116x5 140x5 163x5 186x5

It was important for me to hit the 186 for 5 ass to floor with good form and I finally got this monkey off my back. Friday 191x3 can’t wait.

Bench
81x5 102x5 122x5 142x5 163x5

Ready to tackle 168.

Rows
76x5 90x5 110x5 125x5 141x5

I fought through these and dug deep and hit 141 for 5 cleanly.

Notes: I really tried to up the intensity this workout, and have a swagger about me. I succeeded. It’s time to move forward. 5x5 while cutting is not easy but I need to develop momentum and I think that comes from refusal to fail with each lift.

Diet

10 a.m.
Beef Eye of Round 5.1 oz
1 serving brown rice

1 p.m.
Beed eye of round 5.2 oz
1 serving brown rice

4p.m.
Beef eye of round 5.1 oz
1 serving brown rice

5:30p.m. (pre-class)
ON Rocky Road
1 medium Banana

9:30p.m. (post class/pre-workout)
ON Rocky Road
½ cup quaker oats
1 small banana

11:30p.m. (Post workout)
1 serving cellmas

ON Rocky Road
½ cup quaker oats
1 cup Stop & Shop frozen berry blend

I wanted to have a scoop of ANPB before bed but I fell asleep.

Total cals:

Top Bottom