Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kabeetz: Cut Up or Shut Up [OFFICIAL LOG]

Week 1
Day 6

Well I lost 1 pound, half an inch off my waist and .2% bodyfat. Woooo! Of course factoring water retention and other variables that's probably not accurate but I'll take it :)

Tomorrow I am going down to 3300. I wasn't planning on cutting 200 a week and I won't continue to but this first week it just feels right.

I woke up this morning with particularly sore shoulders, and my muscles felt very tired.

I had a nice 800 calorie whey, skim milk oats and anpb shake that tasted f'n awesome and I felt MUCH better.

I'm looking forward to my first cheat meal Saturday night, one of my family members is having a christmas cocktail party at her house and there will be a ton of good apps to go to town on.

Big workout tomorrow, can't wait.

One thing I NEED to work on: sleep. Between full time work, part time work, full time school and an absolute ton of homework and finals coming... a lot of nights I've been sleeping at midnight only to wake up at 5. I know I won't realize my potential if I don't get to 8 hours... I've just never slept that much and don't really know how to. I'm gonna work on it over the winter break.

P.S. If you're in college work hard, do ur best and get it over with. It just is so much tougher having to go back later in life. Life's too short.

Not to rain on your parade as you are doing well, but I would hold off on a cheat day for at least 2 weeks.....

JKurz1 said:
Not to rain on your parade as you are doing well, but I would hold off on a cheat day for at least 2 weeks.....

I feel you bro, and thanks for reminding me not to go crazy, but its a once a year event and I'm definitely gonna nibble. The alcohol, on the other hand, I'll stay away from for sure.

WEEK 2
DAY 8

5x5 WEEK 14/DAY 3

Somehow managed to forget my home depot chains at home...

Squat 95 x 5, 120 x 5, 145 x 5, 165 x 5, 195 x 3, 143 x 8

The 195 x 3 came easier than last week's 190 x 3 and I was able to get way lower and just feel a lot more confident under the bar. 200 next week. Can't wait. The 145 x 8 I did, as always, as deep and as explosively as a possible and it was exhausting in a very, very positive way.

Bench 85 x 5, 105 x 5, 125 x 5, 145 x 5, 170 x 5, 125 x 8

The 170 was just frustratingly tougher than it had any right to be. Right about during my first set I started getting the worst stomach pains.. I dunno if that was a factor.... but no excuses. Gotta hit that 185 mark soon.

Rows 80 x 5, 95 x 5, 115 x 5, 135 x 5, 160 x 3, 115 x 8

Came through big despite a ton of discomfort in my stomach. Oddly, the first two-three sets I was feeling a lot of activity in my legs for the first time... yet I was definitely not utilizing them...I guess I really burned them out with the squats which is fine by me.

Diet has been on point as I've said. Macros for yesterday: 41% protein, 29% carbs, 30% fat.

As of today I am dropping down from 3,500 to 3,300 cal/day. 7 weeks to go.

Been a busy weekend, which is never a bad thing...

WEEK 2
DAY 9

Arm accessory workout:

Dips 8 x 8 x 7
Curls 65 x 8, 65 x 8, 70 x 7
Tricep Pushdowns 80 x 8, 80 x 8, 90 x 5

Arms were burning out easy and took a while to warm up. I would like to either start including these on Fridays or expand this workout to include power shrugs and/or dedicating some time to learning a lifting technique at a lighter weight... will make a decision by next week.

Cheat night:

Holiday party... was only at about 2,500 going in and had some pepperoni roll, sausage roll, boneless buffalo wings, spinach dip, dim sum, spinach pie, cheese pie, shrimp, jalapeno poppers, broccoli cheese poppers, a lot of water and 1 heineken. Not too bad and definitely fueled me for another week.

WEEK 2
Day 10

Sundays = 2nd job at the mall during holiday season = torture. Diet is on point, 44% p/ 33% c/ 22% fat for 3285. It *WAS* 40/32/28 but I did some after work cardio and had to up the carb intake and substitute out some fat. Speaking of which...

Cardio workout:

20 minutes, outdoor HIIT style. Did not stretch pre-run and suffered with some serious cramping near the end. Won't make that mistake again.

Anyways back to gearing up for these finals and papers that are gonna jack my cortisol for the next week, unless I stay ahead of schedule with the studying.

Tomorrow: 1st day of the 15th week of my current 5x5... can't wait.

Number 1, leave the cheats alone for awhile until youcve been on track for a minimum of 14 days...trust me....also, did you go to the gym for 7 sets??? Drop it...

WEEK 2
DAY 11

Morning workout:

squat
98x5 122x5 144x5 171x5 196x5

bench
86x5 107x5 128x5 150x5 171x5

row
79x5 99x5 119x5 139x5 159x5

Hypers
45x8 45x8

Great morning workout, felt strong on all the lifts.

After my workout I prepared some food for the day at work, pork loin stir fry with peppers onions brown rice and 2 tablespoons of low sodium teriyaki. As I was shaking it all up in one of those gladwares the top popped right off somehow and the food fell onto the floor. I managed to salvage about a third of it. Looks like its gonna be mostly a tuna & hot sauce day:/ F***.

JKurz1 said:
Number 1, leave the cheats alone for awhile until youcve been on track for a minimum of 14 days...trust me....also, did you go to the gym for 7 sets??? Drop it...

9 sets, but yeah. I either gotta expand my 4th day or try to build up the energy to add it on the 3rd day of the 5x5. Problem is I gotta be at work at 9am and don't get home from work til about 11pm so it's kind of like do whatever u can do, get home eat, shower, get dressed and get to work on time... only so much time in the morning. Thanks for the advice and reading bro.

WEEK 2
DAY 13

Finals crunch has been kicking my ass.. fell asleep at 7:30 p.m. on Monday night 12/11 while studying, woke up 4am, fell back asleep, woke up at 6am, fell back asleep woke up at 8:23 and had to be at work at 9. At least i finally got in some rest. First final is out of the way, three and a paper to go.... onto this morning's workout:

5x5
WEEK 15
Day 2

squat 98x5, 122x5, 147x5, 147x5

light squat day is really growing on me, I just feel very focused on these lfits because I'm not concerning myself with a PR, but rather with form and atf.

military 76x5, 91x5, 107x5, 122x5

These were tough... I refuse to stumble before 135, oncoming caloric defacit be damned.

deads

155x5, 181x5, 211x5, 241x5

The guy next to me was barbell shrugging 675x7, while I'm deading 241x5. This ego can take it what can ya do. Only work to get there myself one day.

Diet has been dead on, and I've noticed some serious progress this week. Can't WAIT to measure tomorrow morning and report. Friday begins week 3 of the 8 week cut, and I drop 150 daily calories to 3150.

Top Bottom