Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

June competition preparation..

Hey were you out at the lakeland/plant city show ? I was at a contest to night to cheer on someone in the mens lightweights. Towards the opening of the show a womens figure 50+ came out and looked fucking awsome. Only one in her class if I remeber correct. Then I tought a few seconds later holy shit ? Maybe this is that lady from elite she said she was 51 and doing a show tonight.

If this was you MY GOD! YOU ARE A PIECE OF ART ! I was stunned at how great you looked I looked over at my friend and we both said at the same time holy shit she is over 50+ my god she looks fucking awsome, You are def 1# overall in my book.

Also someone said early in this thread the NPC was looking for a softer look. The show I was at tonight def showed that towards the end during the figure contest.
Two ladies were posing down for over all whitney ( my friend was there to cheer her on) vs another girl. Whitney was cut, and some what ripped in the back. She lost out the over all ( but still won her class ) to the girl that had a softer toned look.

the bodybuilding rounds the npc were still looking for shredded, but the figure was infact looking for " less muscle/ natural " look with shape and symetry

Many women looked great in that show. Some of the guys lacked dedication a few were right on and the mens heavy weight (only one guy in that division) looked like he ate a box of fried chicken and biscuts on the way to show soft and almost pudgy

Thank you all for all you support. That was really awesome!

Unfortunately I didn't placed. Since I'm not that familiar with the sport, I couldnt say exactly why. My body looked pretty good; in fact a lot of people at the show thought I was going to do well, including some of the winners. That said, I personally didn't think so, b/c. A- this is basically my first show being; I did one five years ago. B- I know going into an NPC show, these girls look awesome. C- I'm very small where most of these girls are much thicker. Nevertheless, I had a great time, met lots of people and I'm very happy with how my body looked. Maybe next time I'll do better, hmm..

I'm still trying to find which website the pic contest are.
I'll post pics when I find them. We were so many I still don't know who had the overall.

Chazk, I didn't do that show; I did the NPC in NYC.

thandie said:
Thank you all for all you support. That was really awesome!

Unfortunately I didn't placed. Since I'm not that familiar with the sport, I couldnt say exactly why. My body looked pretty good; in fact a lot of people at the show thought I was going to do well, including some of the winners. That said, I personally didn't think so, b/c. A- this is basically my first show being; I did one five years ago. B- I know going into an NPC show, these girls look awesome. C- I'm very small where most of these girls are much thicker. Nevertheless, I had a great time, met lots of people and I'm very happy with how my body looked. Maybe next time I'll do better, hmm..

I'm still trying to find which website the pic contest are.
I'll post pics when I find them. We were so many I still don't know who had the overall.

Chazk, I didn't do that show; I did the NPC in NYC.

Congratulations for just bloody doing a show!

I don't care what anyone says, that makes you a winner in my books.

I do know that the figure classes have a lot of competitors in them, and the competition is often really steep, so if it is one of your first comps, then it really isn't surprising you didn't place.
I have never done it, and it does depend on what your goals are, but you may want to ask the judges.

I never have as

- I think of BBing as a very personal sport and I am competing with myself really

- I am going to come in how I want to look and what my body will do naturally, I wouldn't change it because of what a judge said

For example, one told me women shouldn't compete in BBing about 55 kg or 121 lbs. I was that weight by age 15!!!

I really doubt I could get to that weight without looking like a stringy skeletor type physique.

If you want to win, get to nationals etc.

- get in touch with the judges, find out what they thought you have to improve on, you never know, if it was close, it could be odd things like tan or suit..............

- do another comp ASAP, you often need to get your name and face known, and you are in comp condition now.

- don't go too bonkers off the diet this week, keep the offseason diet in check

Tatyana said:
Congratulations for just bloody doing a show!

I don't care what anyone says, that makes you a winner in my books.

I do know that the figure classes have a lot of competitors in them, and the competition is often really steep, so if it is one of your first comps, then it really isn't surprising you didn't place.
I have never done it, and it does depend on what your goals are, but you may want to ask the judges.

I never have as

- I think of BBing as a very personal sport and I am competing with myself really

- I am going to come in how I want to look and what my body will do naturally, I wouldn't change it because of what a judge said

For example, one told me women shouldn't compete in BBing about 55 kg or 121 lbs. I was that weight by age 15!!!

I really doubt I could get to that weight without looking like a stringy skeletor type physique.

If you want to win, get to nationals etc.

- get in touch with the judges, find out what they thought you have to improve on, you never know, if it was close, it could be odd things like tan or suit..............

- do another comp ASAP, you often need to get your name and face known, and you are in comp condition now.

- don't go too bonkers off the diet this week, keep the offseason diet in check

Thanks, Tat, I didn't asked for the same reasons you have. I can't change my body to what they want, and I really like the way I look. Most of these girls are 5'4" average and weight 120lbs average. I could never do that, no matter what I do. I have a very small frame. I'm 5'6" and came in at 107lbs. I might look graceful, elegant, (people say) but I can't pack those shoulders and back and especially legs.

I am doing another show June 28th, which is about 3 weeks. I won't cheat; I did last night by eating about 6 Medjool dates (couldn't wait to have some)
but today is back to contest dieting.
Next show I'll find out what I've been missing.

Why am I doing this? because I like the way I look when I work that hard. I could look above average without a contest, but taking it this far is awesome; especially at 52 when the avergage woman is giving up looking great.

Congratulations Thandie!! The fact that you are out there doing this, looking the way you do ESPECIALLY at this station of your life is absolutely amazing.

As long as competing brings you happiness and fulfillment - YOU ROCK ON!!! The experience can not be duplicated by any other you have in life.

:)

Top Bottom