Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

June competition preparation..

thandie said:
I love you Vixenshost!
Thank you!

Guardian, this way or type of workout is best for Figure comp. Then, once I compete I'll try to add some mass for the next show, therefore my workout with change.

i see. i used to do something sort of similar. i called it an 8 & 20 program. it would be 4 sets in a row (two supersets of opposing bodyparts). i would do a heavy compound movement for chest like bench press for a rep range of 8 and then supersetted with db flyes for a goal of 20 reps. then i would immediately do weighted wide grip chin ups for 8 supersetted with lat pulldowns for 20. i would rest a minute and then repeat.

i noticed the NPC is shifting toward less of the shredded look and more softer appearances in judging criteria.

GUARDIAN said:
i see. i used to do something sort of similar. i called it an 8 & 20 program. it would be 4 sets in a row (two supersets of opposing bodyparts). i would do a heavy compound movement for chest like bench press for a rep range of 8 and then supersetted with db flyes for a goal of 20 reps. then i would immediately do weighted wide grip chin ups for 8 supersetted with lat pulldowns for 20. i would rest a minute and then repeat.

i noticed the NPC is shifting toward less of the shredded look and more softer appearances in judging criteria.

That's more or less what I'm doing here.
Yes, the NPC is looking for a less shredded look. My nutritionist and I decided to go lean early, then we can change anything in the last couple of weeks. So far I'm on target, but if I look to cut by next week, which is peak week, we can fix it.

Today 109lbs again..

AM cardio 45 minutes...or 40

Shoulders & Biceps:

Shoulder press (back) 80x10; 80x10; 80x10

Shoulder press (front) 80x10; 80x10; 80x10

DB one arm press: 12x12; 15x12; 20x12

Side lateral: 15x12; 15x12; 15x12; 15x12

Mid-points: 20x12; 25x12; 30x12

Vent over lateral: 10x12; 10x12; 10x12

Front lateral: 10x12; 10x12; 10x12

Incline bench press: 20x12; 25x12; 30x12

Pull overs: (again)25x12; 30x12; 30x12

BICEPS:

BB wide grip curls: 30x15; 30x12; 40x12

Alternate one arm curl lying face down on incline bench: 12x15; 15x15; 17.5x15

Preacher isolated curl: 12x15; 15x12; 15x12

Abs; PM cardio 25 minutes.. :insane:

New pics as of this afternoon 5/29

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/miki49/?action=view&current=9DaysoffFront0001.jpg

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/miki49/?action=view&current=9Daysoffside0001.jpg

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/miki49/?action=view&current=May2900-5.jpg

Today 109lbs. :rolleyes:

AM cardio 40 minutes.

Chest & Triceps

Isolated lat. bench press: 60x15; 70x12; 80x12

Incline smith press: 30x15; 50x15; 70x10

Cable flyes: 30x20; 40x15; 50x12

Pull overs: 30x15; 30x15; 30x15

Flat press: 60x15; 75x15; 90x12

Close grip bench press: 50x12; 50x12; 50x12

Tryceps

Reverse cable tri extension: 40x15; 50x15; some fool took the bar away and had to do finish w/

one arm isolated reverse extension. 20x12

Rope tri extension 50x15; 50x15; 50x15

DB one arm extension 12x15; 12x15; 12x15

PM cardio 25 minutes...:faint:

I'll assume you're doing morning and afternoon splits?

I love you rolling your cute lil eyes at the am and pm cardio . God, I feel your pain lady. I'd rather take a stick to the eye than do cardio, let alone twice a day!lol

vixensghost said:
I'll assume you're doing morning and afternoon splits?

I love you rolling your cute lil eyes at the am and pm cardio . God, I feel your pain lady. I'd rather take a stick to the eye than do cardio, let alone twice a day!lol

Vixensghost, Ironically I feel the same way. I rather eat dirt then do cardio, but for comp one has to do it, period. I never had to do it in the past, but as I get older, is a bit different. That said, my cardio is not hardcore. I basically stroll on the ellyptical machine at my own pace without braking a swet. I'm exausted anyway...

I do AM cardio, then weights and cardio in the afternoon.
Sometimes is AM cardio & abs, afternoon weights, then cardio, which is what I'm doing this week.

Afer comp. cardio twice per week, weights 5x per week.

I think you look great but you need to tighten up your hamstrings and glutes. I would not do high reps for this. I would stick to the heavy 8-10 reps.

Leg Press with feet a little up higher on the base.

Deadlifts

Squats, ass to the ground on smith machine (this one you can go with higher reps to prevent knee issues, aim for 15 reps)

Lying leg curl, make sure this is slow and controlled, lift the knees off the pad at the end for a deep squeeze.

That would really improve your physique. Other than that I think you look great and well balanced :)

sessa said:
I think you look great but you need to tighten up your hamstrings and glutes. I would not do high reps for this. I would stick to the heavy 8-10 reps.

Leg Press with feet a little up higher on the base.

Deadlifts

Squats, ass to the ground on smith machine (this one you can go with higher reps to prevent knee issues, aim for 15 reps)

Lying leg curl, make sure this is slow and controlled, lift the knees off the pad at the end for a deep squeeze.

That would really improve your physique. Other than that I think you look great and well balanced :)

Thank you, Sessa for the feed back. I know I need to tighten up those areas. I'll give it a try. The lying leg curl looks challenging..

thandie said:
Thank you, Sessa for the feed back. I know I need to tighten up those areas. I'll give it a try. The lying leg curl looks challenging..

it is possible that there is some decent development there but since u wont be going down to that low of a level of bf% it may not be as visible. just a thought. :)

Top Bottom