Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

an issue

Nathan101085

I keep coming across articles\information ect saying to find out maitnence cals then multiply your weight by 12. I weigh 116 pounds that like 1350 cals a day If i ate that little I would literally be dead in no time at all. Are they saying like you have to eat that to maintain the muscle you have minus ANY daily activity or are they actualy suggesting you eat like that?? Regardless of what they mean I know what its like to eat that low I tried it for a while when i knew very little about dieting, so now im jsut wondering why this bodyweightx12 for maitnence is so prevelant.

It's simply a rough estimate. A lot of other factors need to be taken into account such as genetics, activity level, etc.,

Don't become preoccupied with the number 12!!

The best method by far is to closely monitor your diet for a few weeks and take note of whether you are gaining or losing an appreciable amount of weight - then you can adjust calories up or down from there.

Nathan101085 said:
I keep coming across articles\information ect saying to find out maitnence cals then multiply your weight by 12. I weigh 116 pounds that like 1350 cals a day If i ate that little I would literally be dead in no time at all. Are they saying like you have to eat that to maintain the muscle you have minus ANY daily activity or are they actualy suggesting you eat like that?? Regardless of what they mean I know what its like to eat that low I tried it for a while when i knew very little about dieting, so now im jsut wondering why this bodyweightx12 for maitnence is so prevelant.

The articles/information is saying that to LOSE BODYFAT the general way to go about it is weight x 12-14, so it's set at the lower end usually.

At your weight, 116, I doubt you have much bodyfat to lose, so your caloric intake should not be less then weight x 15 and assuming you have a high metabolism, weight x 18-20 might even be an option.

Mr.X

ok thanks

Yeah cause I'm at about 6-7% bdyfat at all times i just like to be there, anyway i eat like 2000-2300 cals a day depending on off or on day and i workout HARD 4 times a week and cardio\HIIT mix 3 times a week. I dont gain weight, at least i havnt been i used to eat less cals and have been doing this for like 2 weeks but i think any less would be detremental to my health, (sure felt that way hehe) and even thinking about eating 1350 cals makes me wanna hurl hehe

Re: ok thanks

Nathan101085 said:
Yeah cause I'm at about 6-7% bdyfat at all times i just like to be there, anyway i eat like 2000-2300 cals a day depending on off or on day and i workout HARD 4 times a week and cardio\HIIT mix 3 times a week. I dont gain weight, at least i havnt been i used to eat less cals and have been doing this for like 2 weeks but i think any less would be detremental to my health, (sure felt that way hehe) and even thinking about eating 1350 cals makes me wanna hurl hehe

From what you're saying, I would suggest weight x 18-20 so you can get that weight up a bit. Check out my bulking manuals...

Mr.X

i will

thanks i will look into the manuals but really im just happy where i am and wanna stay there I can bench press about 230-235 max on free barbell and and making small gains, like last week i could do a few more reps and got 3 with 2 75 dumbbells on incline before failure. I'm okay with this type of slow increase cause i can see my abs ect so im happy. I dont think getting fat is gonna be a problem even if i ate like 3000 cals a day i doubt i would do too much but put on muscle cause i eat totally clean and montier my cals each day.

Re: i will

Nathan101085 said:
thanks i will look into the manuals but really im just happy where i am and wanna stay there I can bench press about 230-235 max on free barbell and and making small gains, like last week i could do a few more reps and got 3 with 2 75 dumbbells on incline before failure. I'm okay with this type of slow increase cause i can see my abs ect so im happy. I dont think getting fat is gonna be a problem even if i ate like 3000 cals a day i doubt i would do too much but put on muscle cause i eat totally clean and montier my cals each day.

You seem like a strong guy, I suggest eating more as you mentioned before b/c I think your workouts are very intense, besides that good luck :)

Mr.X

Re: Re: an issue

Mr.X said:

The articles/information is saying that to LOSE BODYFAT the general way to go about it is weight x 12-14, so it's set at the lower end usually.

At your weight, 116, I doubt you have much bodyfat to lose, so your caloric intake should not be less then weight x 15 and assuming you have a high metabolism, weight x 18-20 might even be an option.

Mr.X
okay that is to lose bodyfat which is my goal
but the weight that you input is that the weight you are presently or the weight you want to achieve
i am 5'5 and presently 240 down from 276 and want to get to 195
my present lean body mass is 176
help mr x

Re: Re: Re: an issue

obiwan9962 said:

okay that is to lose bodyfat which is my goal
but the weight that you input is that the weight you are presently or the weight you want to achieve
i am 5'5 and presently 240 down from 276 and want to get to 195
my present lean body mass is 176
help mr x

I answered your PM about this...

ANswer: weight x 12 would be with your current weight, this is weekly-adjusted for weight fluctuations.

Mr.X

Top Bottom