Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent fasting? Weight loss?

GuwopSRT392

Wassup boys, I'm a above average lifter (I like to think) and have been doing so for some time now.. I've managed to cut a lot of weight and seem to gaining it back? I've used many things to cut weight.. haha many of different methods of dieting, nutrition, and lifting. I've competed in many lifting comps normally placing pretty well. But have never been able to manage to become extremely lean.. I've became lean for my self. But never got lean lean haha I have a decent physique and have many ups and downs currently on a down and looking for someone to drop some knowledge on me. What has worked for you what hasn't worked for you? Don't try and sell me anything I won't buy it plus the military drug tests. But I'm looking for knowledge from experience not knowledge from drugs. I don't mind posting pics if someone is curious. But just drop some info lemme learn from you. Thanks ; god bless [emoji1374]

bud the challenge you are describing is tough.. if it wasn't everyone in america would be sporting an 8 pack

really if you want to stay lean year round you gotta have your diet on point to a tee and exercise daily

the reality is even the pro's have offseasons and get peak form timing it right

Wassup boys, I'm a above average lifter (I like to think) and have been doing so for some time now.. I've managed to cut a lot of weight and seem to gaining it back? I've used many things to cut weight.. haha many of different methods of dieting, nutrition, and lifting. I've competed in many lifting comps normally placing pretty well. But have never been able to manage to become extremely lean.. I've became lean for my self. But never got lean lean haha I have a decent physique and have many ups and downs currently on a down and looking for someone to drop some knowledge on me. What has worked for you what hasn't worked for you? Don't try and sell me anything I won't buy it plus the military drug tests. But I'm looking for knowledge from experience not knowledge from drugs. I don't mind posting pics if someone is curious. But just drop some info lemme learn from you. Thanks ; god bless [emoji1374]

For me it has always been a combination of training and proper nutrition. The two nutrition approaches that have worked best for me over time, are keto diet and carb cycling. Keto diet is very interesting and good, but very hard to follow, and extremely hard to make part of your life style. On the other hand, carb cycling is a very nice diet - it is not restrictive, easy to follow, and yet very effective. So it can easily become your lifestyle.

I am a big advocate of carb cycling.

Carb cycling makes a lot of sense. Both scientifically and in a real world sense. No one will question the fact that carbs are anabolic. The problem with carbs is that too much of them will simply get you fat.

By carb cycling, you get the best of everything. The low carb days are fat loss focused and re-sythnesis muscle insulin sensitivity and the high carb days are very anabolic and replenish depleted glycogen levels.

I explain how to set up a carb cycling diet and have a full sample meal plan in this article here -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/supplements/carb-cycling-exposed-trevor-44776.html

It really comes down to just dialing in that diet. Use an online TDEE calculator to determine how many calories you burn in a day and then eat 500 less than that every single day. You can even track your calories with an app like myfitnesspal to ensure you are consistent. That is really the best way to get lean. Adding in any type of training/exercise will make a huge difference too.

In my personal opinion, keto and IF are not ideal at all for a lean AND muscular physique. If your goal is just to be lean, then keto and or IF is great. IF your goal is lean AND muscular I Would recommend carb cycling for sure, or just strict clean eating and counting calories.

Personally, I Don't do any special diet. I would carb cycle with higher carbs on workout days and less on off days (Which I Think is perfect), but I workout daily, so I eat the same macros daily, I go high carb low fat and eat extremely clean with whole natural nutritious foods. I eat my carbs mainly around my workouts, and I Don't mix carbs and fats in the same meals.

I hope some of this info helps you out :)

Top Bottom