Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting Question

Dave122678

Do you think its possible to still lose fat and gain lean mass by using the 16 hour fasting method and maintaing your daily caloric maintenance? ( not going over or under, just maintaining)

So basically body recomposition?

If anyone has a link on Mark Berkhan's site that explains this better, please include one because not sure I found anyone that explains this specific issue in detail.

Do you think its possible to still lose fat and gain lean mass by using the 16 hour fasting method and maintaing your daily caloric maintenance? ( not going over or under, just maintaining)

So basically body recomposition?

If anyone has a link on Mark Berkhan's site that explains this better, please include one because not sure I found anyone that explains this specific issue in detail.

Definitely possible. I've been doing IF for over a year with excellent results. I'm under 6% bodyfat with more strength and muscle than ever in my life. I won't go back to a traditional diet again more than likely ;)

So you basically just eat your maintenanace caloric requirement and still loose weight and gain lean mass?

Not really. I eat 20% over maintenance on workout days to "build", and i eat 20% under maintenance on non workout or cardio days to "burn"

This has been very effective for me on recomp. It basically comes down to eating. Like whatever your goal is that day. I keep cardio/non workout days very clean and carbs under 50g usually, where workout days are moderate carbs up to around 200-250g

Not really. I eat 20% over maintenance on workout days to "build", and i eat 20% under maintenance on non workout or cardio days to "burn"

This has been very effective for me on recomp. It basically comes down to eating. Like whatever your goal is that day. I keep cardio/non workout days very clean and carbs under 50g usually, where workout days are moderate carbs up to around 200-250g

I did really well with IF but left it when I started using AAS. It felt too tough trying to get my calories in. Rick, would you mind a PM with some questions?

what is your ratio while cutting? Can you give me some advice? How the diet looks? I'm very interesting

what is your ratio while cutting? Can you give me some advice? How the diet looks? I'm very interesting

For cutting, I typically do 10% over maintenance on workout days and 30% under on non-workout or cardio days.

This diet is very forgiving and there is nothing set in stone you can pretty much tailor it to your particular goals and lifestyle.

Most of my principles are taken from Martin Berkhan's intermittent fasting protocol "lean gains"

For tons of info on it, visit his site www.leangains.com

Stupid question here, and this may be a product of us tech nerds with our calorie counting apps:

My maintenance cal is 2000 kcal/day as per my last doc visit. What you're saying rickrock13, is that on workout days, I should eat 2200 and on cardio days (which I am actually doing HIIT, so does that change?) 1400 kcal?

Here's where it gets silly. Do you count NET calories or TOTAL calories (net meaning calories after cardio subtraction)?

Top Bottom