Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is intermittent fasting effective?

getitboy224

Will intermittent fasting help me lose fat? My sister used to do that some time ago, and she said that it did not help, but since people are doing this, it is interesting to know maybe if there is something that can make this fasting more effective. Tried some diets before, and now I am looking for something new.

the point of intermittent fasting is you are only eating in a window during the day

an example would be eating from 2pm to 8pm.. 6 hour window and no food for 18 hours

if you pig out during those 6 hours cause you get so hungry then no intermittent fasting is pointless ... but if you eat normally it will work because you are simply going to bed with less calories than you need for maintenance

i used to think fasting and intermittent fasting were stupid.. and it is IF you are bulking or training for strength.. BUT if you are trying to cut down or lose weight it actually works very well IF DONE CORRECTLY

Helps me not over eat I'll have one or two big meals during my 6 or 7 hour eating window which are Keto meals by the way... has done wonders for me both combined I've lost 60-65 lbs since march

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As @stevesmi has correctly said that - if followed correctly, intermittent fasting is an effective means of losing weight. If you will eat decently and clean during your meal window, you will definitely lose weight - it is a matter of mathematics because you will end up eating much less. However, if you will eat really bad food and in large quantities, it will do nothing for you.

There is no magic behind intermittent fasting. All intermittent fasting really does is prevents you from eating less calories because you are only eating for a few hours each day. It's not magic by any means. Simply reducing your daily calorie intake is just as effective.

What I don't like about intermittent fasting is it promotes binging. I have seen a lot of people develop an unhealthy relationship with food after intermittent fasting.

I personally like eating small meals throughout the day. It'll keep your blood sugar levels stable and provide a steady flow of amino acids to your muscles.

In the end, any diet will work if you stick to it. Whether intermittent fasting, carb cycling, keto, etc......if you are in a caloric deficit you will lose weight.

I know for me I would rather carb cycle. If I do things that require fasting or extremely low carbs I feel like shit. I stick to my diet because with carb cycling I feel good all day.

Top Bottom