Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

Rick - do you see any downside to doing multiple 24 hour fasts in a row?...well, 23 hour fasts I guess....ie, eat one huge meal per day hitting your calories / macros? I did this for 3 days in a row last week....felt pretty good...noticed a big time difference on the scale and in the mirror. I'm only eating 1500-2000 cals per day so it is doable in 1 hour.

How do you think your body would react if you did this for say, 2 weeks straight? I have about 10 lbs to lose to get to goal and they are the very hard lbs to lose here at the end...need to try to bust the plateau. Perhaps an every other day approach to this might be better?

I think I could pull it off, but if there are negative effects then I'd avoid it. Certainly goes against 'traditional' wisdom regarding dieting.

Hey I am also following a LG routine, wouldnt mind some advice; at the moment this WAS my structure.

Wake: 6:00 - BCAAs, Glutamine, Creatine, Taurine, Green tea, caffeine and vitamins.
Clen, T3

Cardio: 8:00-9:00 - Incline walk whilst sipping BCAAs

Weights 11:00-12:00 - 5x a week split
Whilst sipping BCAAs, creatine and glutamine.

Intervals 12:00-12:15

12:30 - PWO meal. 100g Protein. 200g Carbs, minimal fat.

15:30 - 80g Protein. 50g Carbs, 30g Fat

20:00 - 60g Protein. 0g Carbs. 40g Fat.

22:00 - BCAAs, creatine, glutamine, taurine, vitamins, ZMA, n2 sleep.

This was how i used to do it, i am now thinking of dropping the bcaas for morning cardio. Maybe even switching weights 10-11 then cardio 11-12 then break fast. Easy?

Thoughts? Goals are obviously to decrease body fat. About 12% atm 205lbs 6'0

I started IF Tuesday evening 8pm...loving it.. My appetite suppressed so much. I went from eating 6-7 small meals a day to 3. I break the fast at 12 noon, have my second meal at 4 and last at 8pm.. Honestly after breaking the fast I'm not hungry at all throughout the day and only need because I know I have to. Gonna stick to this from now on. It's so much more convenient than eating every 3 hours and still always being hungry

Rick - do you see any downside to doing multiple 24 hour fasts in a row?...well, 23 hour fasts I guess....ie, eat one huge meal per day hitting your calories / macros? I did this for 3 days in a row last week....felt pretty good...noticed a big time difference on the scale and in the mirror. I'm only eating 1500-2000 cals per day so it is doable in 1 hour.

How do you think your body would react if you did this for say, 2 weeks straight? I have about 10 lbs to lose to get to goal and they are the very hard lbs to lose here at the end...need to try to bust the plateau. Perhaps an every other day approach to this might be better?

I think I could pull it off, but if there are negative effects then I'd avoid it. Certainly goes against 'traditional' wisdom regarding dieting.

I would advise against doing too many days in a row of extended fasts. Alternating every other day is not a bad idea though. In order to eliminate muscle wastage and catabolism, I think its best to separate lower cal days and cardio, extended fasts, or anything that puts you in a defecit for fat burn into every other day.....with higher cal and carb days (preferably workout days) in between.

This allows you to fill back up your glycogen stores the day after depleting them through a defecit. This is one more tool to fight catabolism, and a big part of the reason that we see no muscle catabolism on those lower calorie defecit days mixed in with cardio and extended fasts. Without traditional diets you are in a defecit everyday during a cut, do that's why muscle catabolism is always an issue. With IF, we deplete and then fill up the next day. Its a perfect balance for growth and/or fat loss without having to worry about losing muscle ;)

I would advise against doing too many days in a row of extended fasts. Alternating every other day is not a bad idea though. In order to eliminate muscle wastage and catabolism, I think its best to separate lower cal days and cardio, extended fasts, or anything that puts you in a defecit for fat burn into every other day.....with higher cal and carb days (preferably workout days) in between.

This allows you to fill back up your glycogen stores the day after depleting them through a defecit. This is one more tool to fight catabolism, and a big part of the reason that we see no muscle catabolism on those lower calorie defecit days mixed in with cardio and extended fasts. Without traditional diets you are in a defecit everyday during a cut, do that's why muscle catabolism is always an issue. With IF, we deplete and then fill up the next day. Its a perfect balance for growth and/or fat loss without having to worry about losing muscle ;)

Good stuff Rick -

I'm trying different tactics and seeing how my body reacts after all the good info I've gotten here - It is interesting to see the effects.....dare I say I'm actually enjoying this cutting cycle? :D

Hey I am also following a LG routine, wouldnt mind some advice; at the moment this WAS my structure.

Wake: 6:00 - BCAAs, Glutamine, Creatine, Taurine, Green tea, caffeine and vitamins.
Clen, T3

Cardio: 8:00-9:00 - Incline walk whilst sipping BCAAs

Weights 11:00-12:00 - 5x a week split
Whilst sipping BCAAs, creatine and glutamine.

Intervals 12:00-12:15

12:30 - PWO meal. 100g Protein. 200g Carbs, minimal fat.

15:30 - 80g Protein. 50g Carbs, 30g Fat

20:00 - 60g Protein. 0g Carbs. 40g Fat.

22:00 - BCAAs, creatine, glutamine, taurine, vitamins, ZMA, n2 sleep.

This was how i used to do it, i am now thinking of dropping the bcaas for morning cardio. Maybe even switching weights 10-11 then cardio 11-12 then break fast. Easy?

Thoughts? Goals are obviously to decrease body fat. About 12% atm 205lbs 6'0

While you can have some success cutting some fat with that approach, I'm more of a fan of keeping your training and diet specific to your goal for that day. That is why I don't like doing cardio on days I do weight training. On days you workout your goal should be to build muscle. Cardio can counter that, unless you eat enough yo make up for it, which then takes away from the fat loss from the cardio.

If I were you, I would look at a 3 or 4 day split and doing cardio on the other days. Go 10-15% over maintenance on workout days and 20-30% under maintenance on your cardio days. That protocol would probably cut you up even better than your current plan without the risk of muscle loss.

I started IF Tuesday evening 8pm...loving it.. My appetite suppressed so much. I went from eating 6-7 small meals a day to 3. I break the fast at 12 noon, have my second meal at 4 and last at 8pm.. Honestly after breaking the fast I'm not hungry at all throughout the day and only need because I know I have to. Gonna stick to this from now on. It's so much more convenient than eating every 3 hours and still always being hungry

Oh man....that's no lie! IF is so much easier than that eating every 2-3 hours crap.

The thing that many don't realize is that this is the way we were designed to eat. This is how man first ate on this planet and how he ate for many centuries following. Early man woke each day in a fasted state and spent lots of time and calories hunting food all day, to finally gorge and break fast at night....then repeated the next day. History will also tell you that primitive man had the best natural physiques in terms of lean mass and overall body composition!!!

Good stuff Rick -

I'm trying different tactics and seeing how my body reacts after all the good info I've gotten here - It is interesting to see the effects.....dare I say I'm actually enjoying this cutting cycle? :D

And why wouldn't you enjoy it? Cutting fat doesn't have to suck. I've gotten under 6% without giving up any food that I wanted whether it be burgers, pizza, ice cream, bratwurst, or pasta. Its all about nutrient timing and hitting your caloric and macro nutrient targets

Hey quick question. If my eating window runs until bedtime, should I still eat the majority of carbs pre and post workout and taper them down towards bedtime or just hit my targets for the day however I can?

Top Bottom