Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

thanks rickrock fir the advice so far ,going to give it a go properly

Sent from my GT-I9100 using EliteFitness

Yeah my belly is almost always flat on IF. Used to bloat a lot. Now only if I pig out on ww pasta or something. Nice benefit for sure.

odd question but would a glass or two of physlium husks be ok during fast so i can start workibg on fibre , cant stomach it during eating phase

odd question but would a glass or two of physlium husks be ok during fast so i can start workibg on fibre , cant stomach it during eating phase

Anything with caloric content can disrupt your fast, but a general rule of thumb that Martin suggests on his site is staying below a 50cal threshold as to cause minimal impact on insulin release during fasting, and allowing your body to return to a fasting state quickly. So depending on the amount you consume, you could have some. I like to not take any cals in and reap the full benefits of the fast, but a little bit of that won't hurt you much if you need it. That's part of making this diet the best for YOU

I love IF! I go 8pm-12pm every day! Stomach feels so flat in the mornings.. Shredded

The way I incorporate IF also has a bit of carb cycling to it as well. since I'm doing workouts every other day (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) with cardio days in between them it works incredibly in this manner. I fill up all my glycogen stores on my workout days and somewhat carb up, then go low carb on the cardio days to deplete them. This usually leaves me with a very dry and ripped look by the end of the day on my low cal/low carb days :)

Monday is the day, getting prepared, setting my goal, and back on IF...can't wait! Dropping a little more bf prior to my cycle.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

The way I incorporate IF also has a bit of carb cycling to it as well. since I'm doing workouts every other day (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) with cardio days in between them it works incredibly in this manner. I fill up all my glycogen stores on my workout days and somewhat carb up, then go low carb on the cardio days to deplete them. This usually leaves me with a very dry and ripped look by the end of the day on my low cal/low carb days :)

i am trying to do a similar approach at the moment, mon tue and wed are "higher" carb days around 150g mainly in first meal , as these are my big bodypart training days , then thursday is low carb maybe 50g then friday arms is a weak bp so 150g and then sat and sun will be low carb 50g unless i throw in another quad session saturdays then will up sat to 150g

is that ok 4 maybe 5 high carb days
2 low carb days maybe 3

everyday though calories below maintenance round 2500-3000

i am now in day 4 and it def gets alot easier for anyone in my position just starting, day 1 was hell, extreme hunger followed by extreme bloat, day 2 was alot better and day 3 was very manageable , although i am still holding water .

weight has been consistent throughout which i am not concerned about as i can feel holding alot of water but should get better soon

i am trying to do a similar approach at the moment, mon tue and wed are "higher" carb days around 150g mainly in first meal , as these are my big bodypart training days , then thursday is low carb maybe 50g then friday arms is a weak bp so 150g and then sat and sun will be low carb 50g unless i throw in another quad session saturdays then will up sat to 150g

is that ok 4 maybe 5 high carb days
2 low carb days maybe 3

everyday though calories below maintenance round 2500-3000

i am now in day 4 and it def gets alot easier for anyone in my position just starting, day 1 was hell, extreme hunger followed by extreme bloat, day 2 was alot better and day 3 was very manageable , although i am still holding water .

weight has been consistent throughout which i am not concerned about as i can feel holding alot of water but should get better soon

That is a good approach, but would work better if you alternated high and low carb days. That would be more of "carb cycling" which is pretty effective.

I like to alternate between workouts and cardio days, high cal and low cal, high carb and low carb. Its the best of both worlds for growth and fat loss if your calorie targets are spot on

Top Bottom